cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darkpit2235
Punch Card
Views: 2,464
Message 11 of 42

Re: Yoga with Backlit keyboard..........in future?

I hope will be in the future. The keyboard in the Yoga can be pulled out for opening the Yoga. The keyboard is held by some belcrow or belkrow not sure the spelling, with a flat wire, so I think is possible to change the keyboard and put a new backlitted one if they make one in the future..

philc1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,445
Message 12 of 42

When I purchased my Yoga13, I made the mistake of believing the Best Buy sales rep with regard to features.  I specifically asked whether the Yoga13 had a lighted keyboard and whether it had WiDi.  I was assured the Yoga 13 had both of these features.  I indicated that both of these were important to me, and asked that the Best Buy rep confirm his answers with his supervisor.  The supervisor concurred that the Yoga13 had both WiDi and a lighted keyboard.

It's clear that the lighted keyboard doesn't exist.   I have also been unable to find any indication that WiDi is installed.  If the BestBuy rep had responded that the Yoga 13 did not have a lighted keyboard, I would have moved on to a device that did. 

I'm upset with myself for taking the word of a BestBuy rep and his supervisor rather than asking them to demonstrate the capability.  I'm also upset with Lenovo for not having someone in their leadership ranks with the market sense to understand that this is a critical feature and to add it to this top-end device.  I too, would pay for an upgrade. 

darkpit2235
Punch Card
Views: 2,428
Message 13 of 42

Hello Philc

I do understand your frustration. I live here Barcelona Spain, and travel to the USA 2 or 3 times a year. I mainly buy my computer hardware in the USA because prices here in Spain are way to high b´cos of taxes and models are not latest ones. I also get into some arguments with stuff/sales people in bestbuy, more in bestbuy compared to tigerdirect.  I had an argument with a chat agent in the Lenovo webpage. I saw a video in youtube where someone shows us how to add a 2nd SSD drive, I wanted a confirmation from them, the lady just kept on saying, The Yoga is not a user upgradable, and I was saying then watch the link I lingked about how to do it and tell me if it is possible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At-Br20OAvg

But she kept saying not user upgradable. Seems that in this forum it is, and in the manual it says how to open the Lenovo for changing things etc. In these video I saw that the keyboard is held by some belkrow so very easy to remove, I assume there is a possibility in the future to replace it with a backlitted one if Lenovo ever thought of selling as an accessory... May I suggest a small solution for your backlight? There are small tiny USB hubs I saw, you might want to try get the smallest and add a LED lamp maybe? I know is not thesame thing but would do the job in dark areas and/or travelling.. Hope everything well

minigts
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,370
Message 14 of 42

I would think you are correct in your assessment about replacing the keyboard in the future. The question will be, does Lenovo intend to sell or offer an upgradeable backlit keyboard for this model before they "retire" it. I bought a Vostro 3500 laptop without a backlit keyboard and was able to find one for it I believe a good while after the model laptop had been released. Hopefully Lenovo will follow suit and offer this as an option. As someone posted, it's 2012 (now 2013), no reason to not offer this by default or as an upgrade.
darkpit2235
Punch Card
Views: 2,359
Message 15 of 42

Hi,

Well there are tons of cheap wireless/bluetooth/wifi keybaords backlit keyboards on the market, would it be possible to create a new keyboard system with led backlit and just replace the old yoga 13 keyboard? I suppose would only need a voltage connector which can come throught the flat one that goes to the yoga keyboard? I am just sort of imagining the possibilities.. 

minigts
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,301
Message 16 of 42

I think (hope) they will come out with one shortly. It is definitely needed having been using one for over a year now. The screen does provide some illumination, but it really doesn't do the trick.
medeiom
HDMI
Views: 2,225
Message 17 of 42

Lenovo listen to your customers! Why hold back a feature that would ultimately make the Yoga the perfect Hybrid Ultrabook? You must install a backlit keyboard. My friends and I are waiting to buy once that feature is available.

Don't delay, Yoga must have a backlit keyboard!

minigts
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,195
Message 18 of 42

The 11S just came out or debuted, maybe. I wonder if the keyboard is the same form factor. That would be good and could mean demand for the backlit feature.
shantokg
What's DOS?
Views: 2,029
Message 19 of 42

I think the Backlit keyborad is not an issue to be considered. before i bought yoga 13 i was in a confusion regarding buyig it because of  the fact that it did not hav backlit keyboard. Then after buyng it i felt the lack of backlit keyboard left this awesome machine incomplete. But my friends YOGA DOES NOT NEED A BACKLIT KEYBOARD!! because even without the backlight its 100% clear and understandable and more comfortable to type at night. Ithink because of the material the keys uses, the monitor light even at low brightness MAKES THE KEYBOARD GLOW.

minigts
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,963
Message 20 of 42

So you're saying if they make a backlit keyboard, you won't buy one, correct?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors