cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medeiom
HDMI
Views: 1,498
Message 21 of 42

Re: Yoga with Backlit keyboard..........in future?

If they do install a backlit keyboard, I will buy. I type a lot at night and backlit keyboard would help.
hasanspg
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,472
Message 22 of 42

Any news on Backlited Keyboard Yoga 13 any time soon? I need that feature. And Still hope and waiting to see that and buy My Yoga 13.

hasanspg
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,331
Message 23 of 42

(((

I enjoy using my Yoga 13 (including the package / form factor, extra internal slot for a second mSATA, convertible capability and touch screen). 

If Lenovo views this forum I would like to share what I hope to find in a future Yoga (keep current form factor):
1) Two RAM slots (two sticks will increase Desktop Graphics Performance on the HD 4000 - like Surface Pro).
2) Backlite keyboard (like ZenBook)
3) At least two more USB ports (total of four)
4) 400 NIT brightness screen (like Surface Pro)
5) Grid integrated with screen to support Wacom stylus (like Surface Pro)
6) At least 3MP camera for video calls (like many other Ultrabooks)

All of the above capabilities / technologies are available (as demonstrated on other computers - but not one computer has it all). It's just a matter of time and which manufacture will incorporate all this stuff into one beautiful machine. It would be nice if size, weight and cost didn't also increase with these enhancements.

)))

- courtacy to willybug from other forum.

Please note his points, I believe Lenovo would work on these matters.

Regards.

What would others like to see?

diversion
Punch Card
Views: 1,320
Message 24 of 42

Solution to your Problem: Get a a Surface Pro!
dumbth
SCSI Port
Views: 1,258
Message 25 of 42

@hasanspg wrote:

Any news on Backlited Keyboard Yoga 13 any time soon? I need that feature. And Still hope and waiting to see that and buy My Yoga 13.

In tablet mode, the onscreen keyboard is of course lighted. In laptop mode you can just fold the screen angle a few degrees more acute, and the brilliant screen will highlight the white lettering on the keys. I loved the backlight keys on my macbook, but don't feel the loss here. Notice many of the critics on this issue havent tried a yoga. In a lap position, there is a very natural way to angle the keyboard up on your belly, keep the hinge on your lap, and the screen facing your eyes but also lighting your keys.

dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 1,254
Message 26 of 42

Or seriously... Learn to touch-type. Smiley Happy

minigts
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,064
Message 27 of 42

I have this device and a backlit keyboard is needed. I also have a Dell that has a feature where the keyboard is backlit when typing and goes to sleep when you don't. This is something every laptop should have. Saying it's fine without it is silly. Of course it can be used without it as I am, but sitting here typing in a darker room makes it harder plain and simple. LED backlit keyboards are so common and inexpensive, it doesn't make sense not to have it as an option.
ElDominio
Punch Card
Views: 1,017
Message 28 of 42

Why does everyone need a freaking backlit keyboard, are you all typing-tarded?

In any case, adding one to an already-existing Yoga isn't impossible, since I'm sure the power draw on about 96 SMD LED is less than half a volt.

In any case you'd need to splice into something to have it powered.
hasanspg
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 982
Message 29 of 42

I badly need this convertable that uses 360 degree techonology and I also need the option of backlit keyboard. The main problem is, only lenovo can provide 360 degree convertable  + backlite keyboard together, as they have the patent of 360 degree. Otherwise, I would not wait for Lenovo. Had there been no patent for 360 degree to lenovo, other companies whould have privided this 360 degree convertable  + backlite keyboard together long time ago, and Lenovo could have done this silly thing. I am pissed off on Lenovo for this trick/blunder, whatever! 

biz888
What's DOS?
Views: 752
Message 30 of 42

Yeah, I would have purchased Lenovo but NO backlit keyboard is a deal breaker for me.  I work even when I go to bed.  There is NO way I am going to leave the lights on while my husband is sleeping. Also when you are in the dark in airplane or wherever.   I ended up buying Sony Ultrabook $1600.  I am not happy with their touchpad but I would compromise just because it does have the backlift keyboard.

You are correct it is definitely INCOMPLETE without that feature.  That is like going backwards without that feature

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors