Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diecast17
Punch Card
Views: 9,696
Message 1 of 9

Yoga won't charge battery over 59%

Is there any reason my Yoga won't charge the battery over 59%?

It says plugged in but not charging? I tried charging it with the laptop off but that didn't seem to help.

Please help!!!

pas
Punch Card
Views: 9,709
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga won't charge battery over 59%

It's the Lenovo Energy Management settings.

Go to Control Panel >> Power Options >> Change plan settings >> Change advanced power settings >> Lenovo Energy Management >> Enable Lenovo Energy Management.

Change the battery setting from "Optimized Battery Health" to "Maximum Battery Life."

By only partially charging the battery, the software is prolonging the lifespan of the battery itself.  This is true of all laptop batteries.  If you often leave your computer plugged in, it's best to keep this setting enabled.  If you can anticipate your mobile useage in advance, you can just turn off the feature at appropriate times.

It would be nice if the setting was easier to change.  If somebody knows an easier way, feel free to post it.

I suppose you could always put a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\Energy Management.exe" on your start screen, taskbar or desktop.  Alternatively, you could put a shortcut on the desktop, assign a hotkey to it, and super-hide the shortcut (a little more advanced).

yachi3
What's DOS?
Views: 8,776
Message 3 of 9

Thanks!  That was really helpful.  I actually found a shortcut on my desktop.  Go to "Show hidden icons"  at the bottom of the screen.  Click on the red boxed car.  Everything you need is right there.  Happy Days!

shamelin73
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,247
Message 4 of 9

you said Go to Control Panel >> Power Options >> Change plan settings >> Change advanced power settings >> Lenovo Energy Management >> Enable Lenovo Energy Management.

what do I do if the lenovo energy management is not an option?

Sent with a Yoga 3 Pro
Scott
schmiedm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,926
Message 5 of 9

I am having this same problem - can't change the battery health setting back to 100%
schmiedm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,926
Message 6 of 9

This problem is not solved for my Yoga 3 Pro in Windows 10.

Same problem as last post:

"you said Go to Control Panel >> Power Options >> Change plan settings >> Change advanced power settings >> Lenovo Energy Management >> Enable Lenovo Energy Management.

what do I do if the lenovo energy management is not an option?"

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,896
Message 7 of 9

Schmiedm, since you have Windows 10 then that explains your problem.  Energy Management is no longer compatible with Windows 10 and should be uninstalled if it's still on your system.   

With Windows 10, the Conservation Mode option is now included with the Lenovo Settings app.  If you do not have Lenovo Settings installed then go to the Windows Store and so a search on Lenovo to find it.  Once installed just select the battery icon in the left side menu.  On the right side of your screen a page concerning the battery will open.  Midway down the page will be the Conservation Mode option. Turn that option Off to fully charge the battery.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Zlorfik
What's DOS?
Views: 2,583
Message 8 of 9

Dear @Majestic

I have used the Lenovo Settings app to change the energy setting but ever since I own this Notebook (1 year now) whenever it reaches the point where it is supposed to stop charging, it just kind of disables the plugged in state of the charger, resulting in Windows switching to a different energy saving plan (i.e. making the screen darker). This is very annoying and after disabling the battery saving option again and unistalling Lenovo settings, it is still there. Is there any way to fix this?

Best

Roger

dmrphy03
Punch Card
Views: 2,579
Message 9 of 9

@Zlorfik wrote:

@Dear @Majestic

I have used the Lenovo Settings app to change the energy setting but ever since I own this Notebook (1 year now) whenever it reaches the point where it is supposed to stop charging, it just kind of disables the plugged in state of the charger, resulting in Windows switching to a different energy saving plan (i.e. making the screen darker). This is very annoying and after disabling the battery saving option again and unistalling Lenovo settings, it is still there. Is there any way to fix this?

Best

Roger

For this you will need to change your power settings for both "Plugged In" and "On Battery" to the same exact variables...Go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Change Plan Settings. Here you can make sure the brightness level is the same for both, and that will fix the screen dimming issue (the times to turn off the display and put computer to sleep have no effect in this, so there is no need for them to be the same). If you would like to change more of the power settings to match each other, then click on "Change Advanced Power Settings" within this same window and it will pull up a list of options that can be changed. Hope this helps solve what you are referring to!

Dustin : Yoga 910-13IKB | 4K UHD | Core i7 7500U | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB SSD

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors