Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

137 Posts

12-08-2012

hawaii

852 Signins

3449 Page Views

• Views: 3449
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga13 newly reluctant to bring keyboard onscreen

2013-06-08, 1:11 AM

Something suddenly changed for me making it hard to initially bring up onscreen keyboard for the bootup password screen. It doesn't appear a windows update is related to that, although it came right after I installed the new lenovo wifi/bt driver fix today. You can try sliding the window or batting the pw field to no avail.

It always might do this once per month or so, but now it is much ofl the hair-pulling time. It tends to come after shutting completely down in laptop mode, then booting up in tablet. Earlier you could pop it in and out of sleep to recover the onscreen lenovo keyboard. But not now, and it happens much more often and it really frustrating. Even a reboot doesn't always help.

A workaround it to hit one of the two icons on the bootup security screen that starts talking to you. There is an onscreen keyboard option you can hit. Of course it is absurdly small and almost unusable, but you can stretch it and it will remember that state.

Options

137 Posts

12-08-2012

hawaii

852 Signins

3449 Page Views

• Views: 3449
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga13 newly reluctant to bring keyboard onscreen

2013-06-08, 10:14 AM

Is nobody having this problem? Now there is a "running" circle by my cursor every couple seconds, like a pulse. The rotate won't work sometimes, in spite of me confirming autorotate is on. Some kind of virus? Sometimes the on light stays on way after I turn the machine off.

EDIT UPDATE: I BACKED OUT THE LENOVO WIFI FIX USING A WINDOWS FEATURE, AND ALL WORKS OK (SO FAR)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms