Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phrede
Not applicable
Views: 1,964
Message 1 of 6

Yoga900 Any way to charge without AC?

Is there any way, on any port, at any speed, to charge the battery on a Yoga 900? ... or even run it?  

I'm needing extended run time in the field.  

Yes, I could go with a battery powered inverter to run the wall wart.  That just seems silly and inefficent.  I suppose I could come up with my own 20Vdc source and hack up a cable.  

Anyone else?

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 1,908
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga900 Any way to charge without AC?

Hi Phrede , 

Greetings. 

Closest reference to your query would be our community discussion here

As of the moment , no confirmation yet for a compatible powerbank-like external charger but do take time to review such post similar to this for possible DIY project you may have in mind.   

Hope this help answer your query. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Phrede
Not applicable
Views: 1,877
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the links. The Asus Zen Power looks interesting(I also can use QQQC2.0). I have no problem creating a special cable. I wonder if only 20Vdc is needed on the extra pins or if the 5Vdc is also required for the YOGA? Also the ZenPower only advertises 3A at 20Vdc. The Yoga specs are 3.25A. Think it will charge albeit slower?
spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 1,872
Message 4 of 6

Hi Phrede , 

As we don't have any confirmation made from other members at the moment, it would surely be a good project that would help a lot of yoga 900 users for future reference if successful. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
island
Not applicable
Views: 1,859
Message 5 of 6

I was seriously considering a yoga 900 but need a longer battery life.

I decided to hold off purchasing because the 910 was announced which features usb-c charging and up to 15 hour internal battery on the FHD model.

For the 900 I found the http://mct-corp.com/store/index.php?product/page/1526/NEW!+Mikegyver+Yoga+3+Pro%2C+700%2C+900%2C+52.... starting at $369 for an external battery or a larger 30# yeti 400 that provides ac.

I'm hoping the 910 both delivers the exceptional battery life in the initial announcement and maybe also that the usb-c charging will mean easy use of smaller ~$99 external batteries that offer a full extra charge cycle.

Phrede
Not applicable
Views: 1,837
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the info. Good luck with the 910, unfortunately that's not an option for me. USB-C charging would sure be nice.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors