Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khalat
Paper Tape
Views: 451
Message 1 of 5

battery light blinks (unplug - plug)

Hello everone,

I have a problem with my lenovo yoga 900, which is when I plug the charger after some moment it will (unplug) then instantly plug again, this process keeps going until my battery is getting fully charged from to time to time (maybe 20 unplug > plug while single fully charging cycle). I asked a repairer and suggsted to me to change the battery cord but it didnt solve the problem. also the USB charger port works properly for reding USB flashes with no plug > unplug.

I wonder where is the problem, is it in the power supply soI should buy a completely new one (power supply with cord) or it is in battery?

because both costs too much to test, Is there somebody tell me how can I fixthis problem?

thanks...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 421
Message 2 of 5

Re: battery light blinks (unplug - plug)

Hello and welcome,

Is the power adapter the original 65W unit that shipped with the 900?  You might see this behavior if you tried to use the 40W adapter that came with a Yoga 3 Pro, for instance.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

khalat
Paper Tape
Views: 401
Message 3 of 5

Actually I bought it as a (used) one, and I didnt notice that:

it is written in the power adapter:

Model: ADL40WDA

does it refer to the problem you mentioned?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 395
Message 4 of 5

That's a 40W adapter for a Yoga 3 Pro.  It doesn't provide the 65W that your 900 needs.

I can't say with certainty that this is what is causing the problem you describe, but it is entirely possible.

The adapter is likely repeatedly going into over current/over temp shutdown so the power provided to the laptop is toggling on and off.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

khalat
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 5 of 5

well I say your assumption is probably the most possible solution, I will buy a new 65 watt and rate the answer if that was the problem, but I just wonder is it gonna have a severe damage on my battery until I recieve a new one, or it is normal?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors