Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-01-2013

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

brand new yoga 13, random cursor movement while typing.

2013-04-01, 15:21 PM

The cursor keeps randomly repositioning within the text while I am typing, making it very difficult to use the laptop for work.  This is a major problem with the device and I am not sure if a driver issue or hardware.  I saw a post about a new alps driver from 2011 but current product has a synaptics touchpad in it.  any help?  

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: brand new yoga 13, random cursor movement while typing.

2013-04-02, 0:18 AM

hi harveyb,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

The erratic movement of the mouse cursor might be due to the high sensitivity of the touchpad.

Can you try to:

1. Go to the Control Panel (large icon view) > Mouse > Device Settings > Settings

2. Under the Synaptics Settings, go to Pointing > Sensitivity > Palmcheck and set the palm sensitivity near the maximum settings and test.

palm sensitivity.png

Let me know your findings,

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms