12-03-2019 02:38 PM
14 inch c940 model.
Issue: Audio from computer speakers is distorted when Dolby Atmos is turned on (sounds like the chasis is vibrating). Most pronounced at 60%+ volume, and when triggering the system sound notifications (ex: changing system volume tone).
Steps taken with atmos turned on:
- Reinstalled Realtek audio drivers
- Turned on Spacial sound after right clicking sound icon
- Turned down system sound volume in the sound mixer
- Attempted to find loudness equalization settings, but they are missing in the sound control panel
- Reverted back to Lenovo Vantage Enterprise (as other specific hardware features were missing in the newer version of vantage... ex hotkey toggle)
Since the speakers work fine with dolby atmos turned off, I'm hoping I've ruled out a hardware issue. At the same time, Atmos is a big selling point, and I woudn't want to keep the laptop if it doesn't work as intended.
Any ideas for next steps?
12-04-2019 04:05 AM