Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

147 Posts

12-08-2019

United States of America

187 Signins

1464 Page Views

• Views: 1464
  • Message 1 of 4

c940: Screen flickering/red vertical lines at max/minimum brightness. Worsens when gaming.

2020-03-31, 5:01 AM

So this c940 14' UHD barely has 4 months in and out of the sudden it now flickers at maximum brightness with red vertical lines appearing at the top left corner of the screen (but they do continue on to the right side of the screen occasionally too) and at minimum brightness the screen either starts bouncing from the taskbar below and up or rarely goes complete haywire like the video I linked. This does not happen in a mirrored monitor screen and also is not present in screenshots. This laptop has never received physical damage (no falls/hits) which really surprises me that this is happening. Someone suggested I try removing and inserting the battery to see if it fixes but do not have a screwdriver to open the chassis so that would have to wait. Is this the only solution I can try right now or are there other fixes for this? Warranty in Lenovo Vantage says I have 285 days remaining but I am more than scared if I have to send the laptop directly to them as I here it takes about an entire month or maybe even more to fix, and with how quarantined everyone is right now it's even worse. If anyone has a possible fix or knows the direct cause of this I'd appreciate it.  

Options

147 Posts

12-08-2019

United States of America

187 Signins

1464 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re:c940: Screen flickering/red vertical lines at max/minimum brightness. Worsens when gaming.

2020-04-02, 2:17 AM

Anyone? Keeps happening specifically when under load more than when idle.

Options

4 Posts

06-04-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:c940: Screen flickering/red vertical lines at max/minimum brightness. Worsens when gaming.

2020-06-04, 17:34 PM
It is happening to my Yoga with just browsing and watching videos , with either screen crashing , fan making noise or windows blue screen. Tried reinstalling , driver updates , systems scans and hardware test. The problem is making the laptop close to being useless.
Options

147 Posts

12-08-2019

United States of America

187 Signins

1464 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2020-06-05, 3:34 AM
Lenovo said I can send it in for a free depot repair but due to the pandemic condition I shall be waiting for later to send it for repair. You could make a support ticket for it to be fixed for you if you wish. Care to provide a video recording to see if it compares to mine?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms