Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edw456
Paper Tape
Views: 2,463
Message 1 of 2

camera not working for Skype

Running Windows 8.1, 64 bit Lenovo Yoga laptop

I can't get the camera to work except for a brief instant (below). Trying it in Skype.

I tried Download and install Lenovo Vantage for latest drivers

It says - 

Where do you want to install?

It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

I enabled Skype in the privacy setting for Webcam.

In Device manager, it sees the PC Camera and the drivers were updated today. It sees no problems with it

In Skype, it sees the PC Camera, and it turns on the video light, but the video window is black.

For awhile I also saw something called EasyCamera in the Skype  video menu. It flickered back and forth to EasyCamera in Skype for a few seconds, as it flickered back and forth **I could seemyself from the camera for a few instants**.

Then the EasyCamera disappeared from Skype and went back to black screen. I did not touch anything while it did this.

I tried to reinstall EasyCamera with something called Bison but it didn't work.

I used these executable files for camera updates none of them worked - LSBSetup, bcam136w8164, g3cm09ww.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,408
Message 2 of 2

Re: camera not working for Skype

Hi edw456,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried testing the camera using Facebook video call? Is there any recent changes/updates happen prior to this issue? Can you try to test the webcam using the link below.

https://webcamtests.com/

If in case the camera is not working fine on that link then possible that it is already malfunctioning. We recommend that you contact our local support team for repair at 1-877-453-6686 they are open 24/7.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors