Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vulpix96
Paper Tape
Views: 47,540
Message 1 of 22

camera not working

after i updated my lenovo yoga my camera stoped working and it says it is being used by another app when i have nothing else opened. can someone help me.

prashantmahto
What's DOS?
Views: 47,361
Message 2 of 22

Re: camera not working

This issue can be a hard thing to fix and get working properly again. If the issue is software related than chances are a lot better that you might be able to fix it. I just want to stress that this can be a pretty bad malfunction and there’s probably only about a 50% chance of actually fixing this problem
https://gadgetorg.com
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 47,308
Message 3 of 22

@Vulpix96 wrote:

after i updated my lenovo yoga my camera stoped working and it says it is being used by another app when i have nothing else opened. can someone help me.

Not sure what you mean by "updated." Do you mean a Windows Update or updating BIOS and drivers? First thing you should do is update BIOS and drivers by downloading and running Lenovo Vantage. 

AIUI, the issue is most frequently caused by a startup program that requires access to the camera. Things such as Skype that load in the background. Tap the Windows key and type "startup." The option to see what's starting when Windows starts will come to the top and you can click it to get a list. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Vulpix96
Paper Tape
Views: 47,291
Message 4 of 22

After I updated windows
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 47,284
Message 5 of 22

Download and install Lenovo Vantage to update your drivers and BIOS.. that might be all you need to do. 

Vulpix96
Paper Tape
Views: 47,261
Message 6 of 22

That's what it was thank you

Melusine
What's DOS?
Views: 45,481
Message 7 of 22

I have a Laptop ideapad 320

Updating with Lenovo Vantage did not fix the problem

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 45,469
Message 8 of 22

@Melusine wrote:

I have a Laptop ideapad 320

Updating with Lenovo Vantage did not fix the problem

Are you seeing the same error as Vulpix96, above? Or are your symptoms different?  Please give as much detail as you can, including remedies you've tried. 

Highlighted
Jack_Sparrow007
What's DOS?
Views: 45,338
Message 9 of 22

Lenovo – Built-in webcam camera not working (Windows 8) [SOLVED]

Problem

When attempting to use the built in camera on a Lenovo laptop the camera does not work. Instead of seeing the image from the camera you see an image with a grey background and a white camera with a cross through it.

The same image is seen with all applications.

Solution

This strange little issue appears to be a bug with the Lenovo software – through no intervention from the user the camera has become disabled through the “privacy” setting and needs to be re-enabled.

To re-enable the camera (using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1):

1. Press the Windows button to open the start screen

2. Type ‘lenovo’ to search for the Lenovo software

3. Click on the icon for ‘Lenovo Settings’

4. Click on the ‘Normal’ button

5. If it’s already set to ‘Normal’ – click ‘Private’, apply the changes, then switch back to ‘Normal’ again and apply the changes.

Help! This didnt work!

If these instructions didn’t help you, you could try …
1. Updating the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package software.

To do this you’ll need to go to the Lenovo website, search for your model of Lenovo and download and install the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package software.

After this has been done repeat the instructions above.

support.lenovo.com/us/en/products?tabName=downloads
2. Uninstalling the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package software

This is moderate risk – you may find that some hardware stops working correctly or that you need to use the software to manage settings, but cannot due to it being uninstalled. Having said this, on my Lenovo laptop I do not use this software (for both Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10) with no issues at all.

To uninstall the software click on the Windows button on your keyboard,
    type ‘programs and features’ when you see it appear in the list – click on it.
    Search for “lenovo settings” select it from the list and click uninstall.

6. Restart and the camera should be working again.

GVSUK
Paper Tape
Views: 38,847
Message 10 of 22

I got a new Lenovo Yoga C930 last week. On set up the camera did not work. Camera light is on, camera keyboard button is on, camera activated in Devices; I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, updated Windows - no fix. The  shop I bought it from tested it and said it was a camera hardware problem. They replaced it with a new machine. Same problem on the new machine - the camera doesn't work. Called the shop technical support - ran thorugh the same fixes but the problem isn't fixed. Is Lenovo shipping faulty machines?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors