Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TamirK
What's DOS?
Views: 1,994
Message 11 of 21

Re: camera not working

Im seeing the same problem on my new C930.  Have you been able to solve it?

BZD
What's DOS?
Views: 1,947
Message 12 of 21

New Yoga 920 and having the same problem no matter what the app.  It's saying my camera is being used by another app.  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,929
Message 13 of 21

First, make sure you haven't simply disabled the camera using the function key hotkey that toggles the camera.

Second, make sure the new privacy settings added to Windows 10 are set appropriately:

Click on windows icon on the left corner of the taskbar. Click on the settings icon (just above the power icon), this will open windows settings panel. Click on the privacy icon (lock symbol), to open the privacy panel. Click on the camera icon, to open the camera privacy settings panel. Make sure camera is  enabled, then select on or off for each application

Third. If you have third-party security software, check to make sure it's not blocking access to the camera.

If all of that fails: Go to device manager -> Cameras -> integrated camera *right click and then click Disable device after some seconds right click and click enable device.

Let us know.

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
GVSUK
Paper Tape
Views: 1,914
Message 14 of 21

Re: camera not working - problem solved

Back with my Lenovo after a short break. There is indeed a privacy shutter, as pointed out earlier in this thread. I thought that there wasn't. The problem is that I couldn't see it - the shutter slider is tiny and located just above the camera light. You can feel it if you run your finger along the top of the sceen. Given that I couldn't see it, nor could the shop that supplied my Lenovo - then Lenovo should draw this to our attention. It would have saved them some money as the first machine was returned to them by the shop due to a possible camera malfunction.

JaMKat
What's DOS?
Views: 1,868
Message 15 of 21

Hi GVSUK,

I thought this was the case also.  However, I noticed a very small privacy switch right on top of the camera. Out of the box it is closed. 

Maybe this could be your issue?

Warm Regards,

John.

GVSUK
Paper Tape
Views: 1,852
Message 16 of 21

Hi John

Yes - the problem was I couldn't see the privacy slider at the top of the screen. And the shop I brought it from didn't see it either.

Regards

Adarshkedia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,836
Message 17 of 21

I also have the same problem. I have an ideapad 320s. What do i need to do to solve the problem?

zzbthi
What's DOS?
Views: 1,316
Message 18 of 21

I just received my C930 and the camera isn't working on it either!

AngryBatVoice
What's DOS?
Views: 843
Message 19 of 21

I had this problem on my brand new Yoga C930. I was able to resolve it by opening Lenovo Vantage, going to Hardware Settings > Audio/Visual and waiting.  Eventually the software prompted me to allow Vantage to access my location, my microphone and my camera.  Once I granted it the ability to use the camera, I then waited about 30 seconds and finally, the camera's feed showed up down next to the camera sliders.  After this, I closed Vantage and my  other apps could utilize the camera.

So Lenovo's software broke Lenovo's camera on Lenovo's laptop.  Smiley Frustrated

Maggie622
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 20 of 21

Re: camera not working - problem solved

Found the shutter slider...FIXED my problem.  THANK YOU!!!

I have been trying for a few days with all the other suggestions.  I just happened to go to the next page of this thread and found your solution.  Wish there was some way to get this to the top of queries; escpecially when "black screen" is in the discription.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors