08-10-2019

GB

1 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 1 of 4

Enable USB in Bios Yoga 720

2019-08-10, 11:25 AM

Hi I have stupidly forgotten my windows password and I'm now stuck in safe mode. I have tried everything I can think of and googled numerous solutions on how to enable USB boot in bios. Nothing works, in Boot menu but all I see is the ssd drive and have no option to launch USB boot. I have disabled secure boot, have also installed a windows recovery on my bootable memory stick. I am now at wits end as where I go from here, I have heard that I would need to format my hard drive which really is the last thing, as also I haven't back up my data for a long while.

Yes I know I'm stupid.

Any solutions would be greatful

Options

2573 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4992 Signins

51676 Page Views

• Views: 51676
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Enable USB in Bios Yoga 720

2019-08-10, 13:57 PM

How'd you get into Safe Mode without a password? I know I have to input mine to start Windows in Safe Mode.

If you're in Safe Mode, you should be able to offload your data. Can't run a traditional backup, but copy/paste will work and you can move entire folders to an external drive. 

The easier thing to do would be to try to figure out the password. Whatever you used to boot into Safe Mode should work. If you have  Microsoft account, use that UN/PW combination. Should work. If you can't remember that, either, it's possible your browser has saved it.

Otherwise, launch the computer using the NOVO button. If you don't see a USB option, there, go into the BIOS settings and disable UEFI. I believe that'll allow you to do it. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

4 Posts

08-10-2019

GB

1 Signins

59 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2019-08-10, 14:37 PM

Thanks for your reply. I have been using a pin number and hadn't realised that you also needed the password. In safe mode windows disables wifi so no internet connection. I have tried using eithernet cable via usb but that doesn't work either. I can't disable UEFI as that isn't an option I am running windows 10.

Have also looked at my saved passwords in google and Firefox but it's not there either. No matter what I do I can't boot from USB, in the boot menu all it shows is the SSD

I do appreciate your help though.

Options

4 Posts

08-10-2019

GB

1 Signins

59 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2019-08-10, 15:32 PM
Update I have managed to get USB recognised and deleted my passwords with software unlocker. I still have the problem that windows is still asking for a password in safe mode. Any ideas where I go from here?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete