Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

04-18-2015

United States

5 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 1 of 4

getting double letters when typing on Yoga 3 Pro 1370

2015-07-13, 2:27 AM

I have had an issue with my Yoga 3 Pro from the day I first bought it less than a year ago.  I get random double letters when typping.  It's reallyy irritating.  I've gone into windows settings and chaged the filter keys settings to try and captue some of the typing issues and double letters with no success.  As you can see in a prrevious (and just now) sentence, this is a random and prevalent problem.  I can not seem to address it.  Has anyone else had this problem or is there a solution? 

I've updated to the most recent bios due to several battery problems I'm also having but that's for another thread.  Haven't been very happy with this product since I purchased it because of the issues that plague it.  Hoping they are just software issues and patches are in the worrks.  

Just typing these two paragraphs above lent to 4 instances of double letters.  Please help.

Thanks.  :)

Options

1 Posts

09-24-2015

Brunswick, Maine

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: getting double letters when typing on Yoga 3 Pro 1370

2015-09-24, 13:13 PM

Yes, I havee this problem, alsso, with a Yoga 3 Pro-1370 that was built on August 23, 2015 and purchased on September  19, 2015.  I'm leaviing the errant double lettters in this message to illustratee.  Sure hope that Lenovo comees up wiith a fix soon.  It's intermittantt, so itt's hard to tell when it's my bad ttyping or the machine.  Really annoying!

Options

1 Posts

10-03-2015

United States

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-10-03, 15:47 PM

The problem is especially severe when the keys are "cold". Conjecture is that use of the keyboard either warms up/loosens up the spring assembly underneath the keys and reduces the double-typing annoyance. Walk away from the computer - allowing the keys/springs to cool down - and the typing worsens. I intend to get my laptop replaced as I think this is a systemic design issue and not just restricted to a few laptops. Before commencing work, banging on all the keys for a few seconds - as silly as that sounds - if the laptop was unused for an hour or more is my mitigation strategy for now. Yikes!

Options

1 Posts

03-12-2016

bucharest

7 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-03-12, 11:21 AM

in windows 8.1, the problem can be solved if you:

go to settings, search "keyboard", go to change how your keyboard works, turn on filter keys, set up filter keys, turn on bounce keys.

the only problem remaining  is that you have to wait half second when intend to double type a leter or want to repeat delete or bakward delete comands. Also, double click on mouse works, but if very fast

there are probably more settings that alow avoiding those colateral problems. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms