Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

06-30-2016

United States of America

20 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 5

hotspot creation

2016-06-30, 18:09 PM

how do i create hotspot on my lenovo?

Answer
Options

143 Posts

02-13-2016

Durban, ZA

373 Signins

1825 Page Views

• Views: 1825

Re: hotspot creation

2016-07-01, 17:49 PM
Hi there lawrencesamson,

I've got the same laptop, and the easiest way to do this is using the Lenovo Settings Windows 10 app which should have come preinstalled with Windows. If you don't have it, head to the Windows Store and download "Lenovo Settings" from there.

Once you've opened the app, check the left grey panel and look for the antenna/ethernet logo (the "Networks" tab). Click on it - you should see a category saying "Set up a mobile hotspot". Under this you can choose a WiFi hotspot name and password - make sure your PC is first plugged into the internet via Ethernet, and then turn your WiFi chip on. Once you click "start sharing" the hotspot is created and you can connect devices to the shared Ethernet connection from your laptop.

Hope this helps!

Replies(4)
Options

8954 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77741 Signins

2225430 Page Views

• Views: 2225430
  • Message 2 of 5

2016-06-30, 21:44 PM

Hello and welcome,

It may help others to help you if you'll indicate which Lenovo and what operating system.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

8 Posts

06-30-2016

United States of America

20 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2016-07-01, 8:20 AM

i will like to know how to create hotspot on my lenovo yoga 500 ideapad with windows 10 operating system. Thank you in anticipation

Answer
Options

143 Posts

02-13-2016

Durban, ZA

373 Signins

1825 Page Views

• Views: 1825
  • Message 4 of 5

2016-07-01, 17:49 PM
Hi there lawrencesamson,

I've got the same laptop, and the easiest way to do this is using the Lenovo Settings Windows 10 app which should have come preinstalled with Windows. If you don't have it, head to the Windows Store and download "Lenovo Settings" from there.

Once you've opened the app, check the left grey panel and look for the antenna/ethernet logo (the "Networks" tab). Click on it - you should see a category saying "Set up a mobile hotspot". Under this you can choose a WiFi hotspot name and password - make sure your PC is first plugged into the internet via Ethernet, and then turn your WiFi chip on. Once you click "start sharing" the hotspot is created and you can connect devices to the shared Ethernet connection from your laptop.

Hope this helps!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

8 Posts

06-30-2016

United States of America

20 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2016-07-06, 20:48 PM
I have been doing that from the onset but it keeps giving me this error........"Please ensure that your Windows account has administrator permission; Your computer is already connected to the internet; Your computer has a working wireless connection" NB... I use a modem attached to my system to get connected to the internet, am wondering if this connection cannot be shared?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms