Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
trumbolt69
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,016
Message 1 of 4

how to increase video memory on yoga 900?

Hello just curious if anyone knows how I can increase the video memory on my new yoga 900. I looked at the bios screen and I don't see an option to change it. Thanks in advance.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,998
Message 2 of 4

Re: how to increase video memory on yoga 900?

Good day and welcome to the community.

The amount of memory that the integrated video controller can use is dependent on total system memory, and is system (vs user) controlled.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Guru
Views: 1,945
Message 3 of 4

In the BIOS may be a setting to increase the reserved video memory from 256MB to 512MB. If this setting is not available then you are out of luck.

Note that when your system needs more than the reserved video memory amount, it will dynamically assign more or less.

In other words you can sleep on both your ears. The only time you need to increase this value is if you are getting errors, crashes or other unexpected behavior when running out of RAM mostly.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,927
Message 4 of 4

I just checked my Yoga 900-13ISK running the most current BIOS (37), and there is no option to specify video memory.

I've seen that 256/512 selector in the BIOS of several ThinkPads, but never in an InsydeH20 BIOS.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors