Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nafees336
Blue Screen Again
Views: 494
Message 1 of 5

is my yoga 710 14kb is refurbished ?it saying warranty only 58 days

Hello, folks!, I just purchased Lenovo ,Yoga 710 -14kb , two days back. the resaler told me that the unit has one year warrnaty.but now it showing only 58 days warranty! can you please help me ? is this refurbished laptop? 

thank you.

Anwar

riles
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 2 of 5

Re: is my yoga 710 14kb is refurbished ?it saying warranty only 58 days

I have a brand new Lenovo Yafo 710. Which I purchased direct from Lenovo and it tells me I only have 192 days left.

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 459
Message 3 of 5

You need to discuss this with the reseller. Lenovo can't help you with this - it's all how the reseller got the laptop and resold it. It sounds like it's a refurbished model.
If it was new it would have a minimum 1 year warranty and the IKB model came out around November 2016.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 442
Message 4 of 5

Hi all,

A Lenovo laptop with a "short" warranty doesn't necessarily mean that it's a refurb.  And Lenovo probably can help in some cases.

Lenovo warranties default to start on the day of manufacture + a "fudge factor".  If a machine spends any time in a retailer's inventory, the reported warranty length gets reduced as it sits on the shelf.  This isn't unusual, and Lenovo provides a mechanism to correct it:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht100121

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 408
Message 5 of 5

@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

Hi all,

A Lenovo laptop with a "short" warranty doesn't necessarily mean that it's a refurb.  And Lenovo probably can help in some cases.

Lenovo warranties default to start on the day of manufacture + a "fudge factor".  If a machine spends any time in a retailer's inventory, the reported warranty length gets reduced as it sits on the shelf.  This isn't unusual, and Lenovo provides a mechanism to correct it:

Z.

Very true.

I was just referring to the fact that the IKB model is, at most, 7-8 months old. So even if it was one of the first ones produced and sold it should still have a longer base warranty remaining. Unless it was sold as a refurb with a restricted, 60/90 day warranty or something.

If Lenovo can help, that's great. But definitely get the retailer involved as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors