Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scaptal
What's DOS?
Views: 231
Message 1 of 5

keyboard keys not working Lenovo Yoga 730-15IWL

I bought this Lenovo laptop in January (not even 3 months ago) and for some reason my c, d, e, 3, f2 and f3 key are not working, it started with just the c d and e, but now its all these keys (thus I suspect it might be a hardware issue...) have any of you guys had this problem (and if so how did you solve it?). Who do you guys think I should contact about this...

arycama
Paper Tape
Views: 115
Message 2 of 5

Re: keyboard keys not working Lenovo Yoga 730-15IWL

I also have this issue, and bought my laptop at the end of December last year. It affects the bottom row of my keyboard mostly, as well as spacebar and enter. However it only happens intermittently. I'm hoping I can find a solution online otherwise I'll have to send it back.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 113
Message 3 of 5

Hi! Welcome to the community forums.

Could you try to run a keyboard test using this third party website to check the functionality of the keyboard? Click here https://www.keyboardtester.com/ - If the keys are still responding, it's a possible software related issues and if not, it's a possible hardware issue and it needs a repair.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

arycama
Paper Tape
Views: 105
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the reply. 

I ran the tester, and the enter key and bottom row of keys did not work consistently. This is the result:

Note that the affected keys do sometimes work after being held down firmly or pressed repeatedly. The laptop has not had any drink spills or anything that would affect the keyboard.

chrome_AfSkoce7JD.png

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 100
Message 5 of 5

We appreciate the update. It seems you had a sticky key on the keyboard and it needs to be repaired. We suggest you to get in touch with our Lenovo Support Team in your region to request for a repair. You can check the phone number here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/SupportPhoneList?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (choose your country).

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors