Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camk223
What's DOS?
Views: 1,200
Message 1 of 3

lenovo Yoga 3 black screen with mouse pointer only

Please help.  My daughter dropped her Lenovo yoga 3 and broke the screen.   I ordered a new screen from the internet but before the install I hooked it up to hdmi and everything else was working.  Now after the install I turn it on and I see the Lenovo logo pop up on the screen with the "windmill" busy circle under it from there it goes to a black screen after a minutes if you move the mouse you can see the mouse pointer moving around on the screen but it remains black.  Anyone have an idea?  I tried f8 and fn f8 at boot and ctrl/alt/del during black screen both did nothing.

blero
WWAN
Views: 1,173
Message 2 of 3

Re: lenovo Yoga 3 black screen with mouse pointer only

Hello,

Better press F9 or F10 to bring the display back.

If you still don't get it back, maybe you could hook the Yoga to HDMI again, and see in the Device Manager what's going on. Maybe uninstall the Monitor and/or the Graphics card, and restart ?

camk223
What's DOS?
Views: 1,152
Message 3 of 3

Re: lenovo Yoga 3 black screen with mouse pointer only

I chatted with tech support and ended up needing to do a windows recovery.  My daughter lost her data but has a working computer.  I just want to say wow that was not as easy as replacing a cell phone screen.  I have a few hours in it after everything is said and done but I saved more than 75% doing it my self.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors