Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: lenovo yoga 3 pro 1370 freezing if moving screen when wifi driver enabled on W10

2016-03-26, 18:23 PM

Forgive my earlier description error, I had listed the name Lenovo Motion Control when I meant Lenovo Mode Control for my previous download link.  I'm also assuming that you had tried a download of Lenovo Mode Control and that is the application that won't install?   The actual Lenovo Motion Control application is no longer compatible for Windows 10.  Sorry for the confusion.

When you did the Windows 10 update do you install the Chipset driver for Windows 10 and did not removed it later?  If you did not install it or had removed it later then I would install it again.  Here is a link to it........

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/Yoga-3-Pro-1370-Laptop-Lenovo/downloads/DS103626

I would also make sure these other Intel drivers are installed.....

Intel Management Engine....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/Yoga-3-Pro-1370-Laptop-Lenovo/downloads/DS103641

Intel LPSS driver....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/Yoga-3-Pro-1370-Laptop-Lenovo/downloads/DS103620

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

9 Posts

03-24-2016

US

18 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 12 of 16

Re: lenovo yoga 3 pro 1370 freezing if moving screen when wifi driver enabled on W10

2016-03-31, 8:55 AM

thanks for the posts received so far, here is a quick update:

1) (re)installed the intel drivers as suggested, apart from the Management Engine which is not available for download (?).

2) reinstalled Harmony which I had previously unistalled,

3) changed the Sensor services (Sensor Data Service, Sensor Monitoring Services and Sensor Service) from manual to automatic.

4) tried to disable the HID Sensor Collection V2, which is the only sensor driver available under the device manager. Doing so, it asked me to restart the system, which I did and verified the driver was effectively disabled. I moved the screen a bit, and the system did not freeze, a bit more, and still ok, and then moved the screen like I was going to close it, and it eventually froze. So there must be some kind of interaction between the sensor and the network adaptor, either at the hardware level or the software, or both ???

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 13 of 16

2016-03-31, 15:40 PM

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. 

Unfortunately with all that you have tried about the only thing I can suggest is to roll it back to Windows 8.1.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

9 Posts

03-24-2016

US

18 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 14 of 16

2016-03-31, 15:49 PM

thanks Majestic,

honestly speaking, at this point I prefer to keep waiting for a fix rather than having ot reinstall all apps and drivers etc...I have learned to cope with the problem,  I just disable the wifi adaptor if I anticipate having to move the screen. I am even considering opening the machine and re-seating the cable connectors. Will keep posting if there is anything new.

Options

13 Posts

01-01-2015

27 Signins

205 Page Views

• Message 15 of 16

2016-09-11, 9:39 AM

I have had this exact problem in the past. I managed to fix it by reinstalling or rolling back drivers. I didn't keep notes on from what to what though. 

It started happening again this week so I tried as I did before but to no avail.

So, I thought I would reseat the wireless card which is a simple job. It appears to be slotted in 0.5mm further than before. Not sure if this is a factor as I am sure all the pns were makeing connection before.

Anyway, so far so good and I am still on a driver from 2014.

I will update if it goes bad again

Options

3 Posts

03-01-2009

usa

5 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 16 of 16

2016-12-28, 12:35 PM

Your last post was in March 2016. Is the problem solved?

I'm running Windows 8.1 on my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I had the same problem and was able to resolve it thanks to your post.

My network adapter stopped working in May 2016 while I was on vacation. Lenovo support told me I had to return the laptop to have the network adapter replaced. In the meantime, I sought other ways to connect to the internet until I got home and could send the laptop to Lenovo. PDAnet is Android software that allows you to use your Android phone to connect to the internet either via wireless or USB tether. I have successfully used PDAnet on my Windows Vista and Windows XP laptops. I was able to copy the PDAnet installation file to the laptop to install it. I wasn't able to get it to work. It might not be compatible with Windows 8.1. I left the PDAnet network adapter driver installed and forgot about it.  

Lenovo replaced the network adapter. Since then, the laptop freezes when I move the screen. After months of carefully moving the laptop to avoid a freeze, I couldn't take it anymore and found your post. I disabled the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter. When disabled, the laptop doesn't freeze when I move the screen. When enabled, it freezes when moving the screen forward or back. To eliminate any possible conflict with another driver that I don't really need, I uninstalled the PDAnet driver. I can move the screen 360 degrees now with no freeze.

I use Windows 10 on my work laptop and I don't see much difference between the OS, if any. I'm not sure why you upgraded. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  My 2009 Lenovo Y510p is running Windows Vista and still works great. I have no plan to upgrade the OS and self-inflict a lot of headache.

I'm so relieved that my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro is not the problem and it was some third-party driver. I never would have thought that a network adapter driver would cause the screen to freeze. So, thank you for your post. Hopefully, my problem is permanently resolved.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms