Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MaxZ1
What's DOS?
Views: 270
Message 1 of 3

lenovo yoga 520 14IKB SSD and HDD

Hello, 

I have a lenovo yoga 520 14IKB, 120 GB SSD, 8 GB ram and NO HDD. As I recently had Wifi connection issues, I opened the computer to fix that (the cable popped out after a pretty rough plane ride). While in there, I saw that I had a SSD, as stated before. but I also saw that i have a unused space to put in another HDD/SSD.

I believe that the SSD used in my system is a m.2 sata SSD (I am not  really sure as I am not really familiar with computer hardware), and it is located directly behind the connector for the 2.5 inch drive bay thing.

The question now is wether or not I can simply install an HDD into that bay, and use it alongside the boot SSD to use it to store photos, documents etc.

I should probably also mention that in sopace of a harddrive or 2.5 inch ssd, there was a "ciuya hdd dummy brk" in the drive bay.

I hope to get quick answers, 

Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 229
Message 2 of 3

Re: lenovo yoga 520 14IKB SSD and HDD

You might have a look at this thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-520-8th-Gen-add-2nd-SSD-HDD-info-requ...

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
MaxZ1
What's DOS?
Views: 220
Message 3 of 3

Re: lenovo yoga 520 14IKB SSD and HDD

Thanks a lot :-) 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors