Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isabeausrv
What's DOS?
Views: 95
Message 1 of 3

lenovo yoga 710 151KB laptop ideapad

i went to open up my laptop but when i did the screen broke as the hinge on the right side came right through the screen.   i sort of taped it back on so i could use the laptop.  i guess i just need to vent - but was just told that this is not covered under warrante (which this thing is still under)  i bought this laptop early november of last year and its falling apart.   the keyboard part of the case popped open under where the mouspad is and the keys pop off.  now the hinge is  broken off and the screen is now broken.  i paid a decent amount of money for this thing and was so happy to finally have a decent laptop and not the cheapest thing i could find - im on social security so i had to save up for this POS.   they tell me i can send it to them at my expense and they will tell me how much to fix it.  im just so angry i needed to vent. 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 71
Message 2 of 3

Re: lenovo yoga 710 151KB laptop ideapad

That model has a a huge design problem that is causing the right hinge to break resulting in the same damage you describe (see this threat as one example) which is why Lenovo is trying to claim that is is "accidental damage" and not simply poor quality/design on their part that is causing the hinges to fail.   

I would demand to have your case escalated within Lenovo, because it is a well known design problem that they cannot simply call accidental damage.

Good luck,

isabeausrv
What's DOS?
Views: 65
Message 3 of 3

Re: lenovo yoga 710 151KB laptop ideapad

thank you for telling me this.  i really dont know what to do about it.  im about 70miles from the nearest authorized service center and i dont have a functional vehicle.   im seriously considering buying another cheap HP and being done with lenovo.  i have spent time today on best buy's product review site "answering questions" about lenovo.  since i bought this thing through best buy i can submit reviews and im telling everyone not to buy a product with defects that the manufacturer is aware of but wont stand by their warranty.  thats my feel good revenge for today.  i really did like this laptop when i got it.  i liked the solid state drive with no noise, etc.  but **bleep**, hp has a perfectly reasonable option in my favorite color for $ 219 and maybe it would be better to not aggravate the crap outta myself to just get another cheap laptop.  after all - all i really do is watch tv on it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors