cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balacoumarane22
Paper Tape
Views: 2,874
Message 1 of 8

lenovo yoga 900 power button is not working!!!!!!!

my lenovo yoga 900 is not turning on when i pressed the switch but light always glows.....

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,852
Message 2 of 8

Re: lenovo yoga 900 power button is not working!!!!!!!

Is it possible that the display is not working? Can you plug in an external monitor to check to see whether the Yoga 900 is running, even though the laptop screen is blank?

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

kton
Paper Tape
Views: 2,401
Message 3 of 8

I have this exact same problem and it's out of warranty. How do I fix it? Is there something physically wrong with the button?

PCanalesam
What's DOS?
Views: 2,369
Message 4 of 8

The power light blinks but doesnt turn on my yoga 900, I bougth it early november at BestBuy

Currently, my guess is the ac/adapter which it wont but ... my thought is around "out of battery" so that is why the power lights are blinking like 5 times and nothing else. 

Any comment around?? Any advice?? 

PCanalesam
What's DOS?
Views: 2,369
Message 5 of 8

I dont think is a button problem.

did you try the ac/adapter? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,356
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Hold the power button down until the Yoga shuts off and the light stops.  

Press the little Novo button beside the start button with a pin and it will take you to the recovery menu.  The first option in the menu will be Normal Startup.  Choose that and see if the laptop will take you to Windows.

The problem "could" be a problem with the adapter, but try this first and see what happens.

Regards,

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
kton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,826
Message 7 of 8

Just wanted to give an update on this POS. Now not only does the power button not work, but the little reset (novo) button beside is unresponsive. Seems like whatever fault has spread its infection to the only other alternative.

Has anyone found a solution to this? It seems to be chronic and I peronally know two other owners who have the exact same power button failure. Our only solution is to keep it sleeping all the time.

Htestereci
What's DOS?
Views: 473
Message 8 of 8

My power button and novo button were unresponsive. Lenova yoga 900, accumulate static electricity time to time if not discharged. So, accumulated static electric somehow locks power button. To resolve this issue, let computer stand awhile on soil attached ( concrete etc.) ground, or ,then  first detached power cable , unplug from laptop. So, press power button at least 1 minutes (count time, make sure you press at least 1 minutes).if not powered up, then plug it then press 1 minutes again. Repeat this. If these are not working try novo button.

@Balacoumarane22 wrote:

my lenovo yoga 900 is not turning on when i pressed the switch but light always glows.....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors