Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 3 (282 Views)

lenovo yoga 900 volume change by on screen touch

ok so as the title says when i change the volume by touching the volume icon and lowering the slider up or down a sound is played on the background indicating the current volume level which i find annoying 

ps: this only happens if i used this particular method to change the volume.

Punch Card
Message 2 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: lenovo yoga 900 volume change by on screen touch

My Yoga 900 of course has that same loud BING! when you adjust the volume using the slider, which I will admit is annoying.  But then I checked and my Dell desktop does as well when adjusting the volume slider using the mouse.

In both cases you get the heading "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)" when you bring up the volume slider, so it would seem to be a feature of the Realtek Audio driver.  So the question is, can you find an alternate audio driver, one without the BING!?

Community SuperMod
Message 3 of 3 (224 Views)

Re: lenovo yoga 900 volume change by on screen touch

[ Edited ]

Good day.

I just did a bit of testing, and on one of my machines, and the volume slider adjustment "bing" is controlled by the Default Beep item on the Sounds tab of the Sound control panel. Try setting it to "None" and you should hear no "bing" on adjusting the slider. Keep in mind, though, that you'll not get a tone for any other Default Beep program event.

Regards.

Ref:

audio-beep.jpg

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1Carbon3 X1Tablet2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Top kudoed Authors