Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-23-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

lenovo yoga c740 (15.6) footprint not working

2021-02-23, 7:54 AM

Hello, good night, it happens to me that when I turn on the computer in the morning everything works fine and it unlocks with the fingerprint but after a while and I close it or it turns off for some time due to lack of use, it no longer unlocks with the fingerprint. fingerprint and I have to put the pin someone has a solution

Options

1847 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

204 Signins

9556 Page Views

• Views: 9556
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:lenovo yoga c740 (15.6) footprint not working

2021-02-23, 10:47 AM

Hi lileoja2010,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This could be the result of the fingerprint scanner not waking properly after the device has been put to sleep/hibernate.

Here's what you can try:

Step 1. Turn off "Fast Startup"

- Navigate to the windows icon in the bottom left, click it and start typing "Control Panel"
- While in Control Panel, navigate to the "Power Options" Icon / link.
- In the left column, click "Choose what closing the lid does"
- Click "Change Settings that are currently unavailable"
- Unmark "Turn on fast startup" (This does not affect Restarting the computer), but when it starts up again from sleep and/or hibernation.

If this doesn't solve the issue, then try to disable the hibernate & Hybrid sleep mode all together, and just leaving the "Sleep" function on.

Step 2. Hybrid Sleep and Hibernate
If Hybrid Sleep is enabled, it is known to cause such problems. To disable it, 
- Right click on the "Windows Icon" in the bottom left corner and select "Search" from the list.
- Start typing "Control Panel"
- Close to the top right, click on "View by" and select "Large" or "Small Icons". 
- Find and click the "Power Options" Icon, then "Change/Edit Plan Settings". Click on "Change advanced power settings" 
- On both "Allow Hybrid Sleep" & "Hibernate After" , set both "On Battery" & "Plugged In" to  "OFF"
- Set "Allow Wake Timers" to Disabled or Enabled (Never on Important Events Only).

Step 3. Update your Management Engine Interface Drivers.

Download and install the latest Management Engine Interface drivers for your device:
You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page
Just plot in the serial number of the device, click the search icon and select your device, then head to Drivers & Software, select Manual Update, then select the Chipset section
Right click the files in question and select "Run as Administrator".

While on the support page, check for fingerprint scanner drivers as well.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

02-23-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:lenovo yoga c740 (15.6) footprint not working

2021-02-23, 16:41 PM
Hello friend, good day, thank you for answering, I have made the first step and I will tell you, thanks again
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms