Options

2 Posts

08-24-2020

EC

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 710 malfunctions: night mode turns on and off, webpages change to sourcecode view and more.

2020-09-09, 17:08 PM

Hi,

I ve been having several problems with my Lenovo Yoga 710. The night mode is turning on and off automatically, also sometimes the keys start to activate functions as saving a webpage, changing the page to sourcecode, opening a new tab, etc. When it happens I turn the computer off and when I turn it on again it works correctly but it happening is very unconvenient.  Also, I always have the camera locked (F8) but lately the flash is turning on... that makes me wonder why it is happening given that the camera is supposedly off. 

Please help me I dont know what to do

MOD: Details added to title -Doc

Options

724 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

78 Signins

4408 Page Views

• Views: 4408
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Yoga 710 malfunctions: night mode turns on and off, webpages change to sourcecode view and more.

2020-09-11, 8:39 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

I woould suggest the following, to check if it is a software issue or hardware issue:

To do a factory reset, first you will need to make a backup of your important files to an external USB storage unit, or to an online drive.

Then you need to turn off your laptop completely, by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.

To initiate the factory reset, you need to push the tiny button located (Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with your serial number, then select pane "Knowledgebase and Guides" Then find the user manual and locate the Novo buttons placement in the manual), You can use for example, a paperclip to press it, after  

you have pressed the button, the laptop will power on, and present a small menu, use the arrow keys to select factory reset, and press the  

enter key to select. Now follow the on screen instructions.

1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Make your way to System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Use Lenovo Vantage applications to update the drivers, reboot, update windows, and see if this solves all the issues.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete