Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-24-2015

United States

7 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 2

my yoga c940 isnt detecting my nvidia gpu

2021-05-19, 6:38 AM

hi! so like i said in the title, my yoga c940 isnt actually detecting my nvidia gpu even though the driver for it is installed. i tired installing several different drivers to no avail. i reinstalled windows too, and updated the drivers for everything just incase something else was causing the issue, but nothing works.  i also contacted lenovo customer support chart but the tech just looked at my device manager, saw that the drive was installed, and proceeded to tell me the gpu was working , making no steps to verify or anything else) and microsoft support about this. i know my computer isnt detecting my nvidia gpu, at least not properly, as it doesnt appear under "settings>system>display>graphic settings" as an option. only the intel gpu shows up. and if i disable the intel gpu, i get the generic gpu as an option instead. (and yes i showed this to the tech, and he just said choosing what gpu the system uses is impossible, even with the options right in front of his face) another reason i think my computer isnt registering the nvidia gpu is because the one time i managed to get the nvidia control panel to boot it literally said "you are currently not using a display attached to a nvidia gpu". i havnt gotten NCP to run since. i searched for something like the nvidia control panel online and found the "nvidia inspector" at least i can get that to open. but it doesnt detect my card either. 

I've searched everywhere, and tried any solution that was even remotely similar to my issue, but nothing works. its like everything says the card is there, but my system refuses to actually recognize it. 

EDIT: system info that might be useful

Serial Number: R90XVSRT

System SKU: LENOVO_MT_81TE_BU_idea_FM_Yoga C940-15IRH

System Model: 81TE

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

326 Signins

14351 Page Views

• Views: 14351
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:my yoga c940 isnt detecting my nvidia gpu

2021-05-19, 10:30 AM

Hi PixelPuppet,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Could you please provide the community with the Machine Type & Model (MTM example: 90DG0023US) of your device. This will help to show us the configuration and specs of your specific machine so that we can better assist you.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms