Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YogaForumUser
What's DOS?
Views: 197
Message 1 of 2

need help :( (infinite bitlocker loop in yoga 11s

so i bought this for my mother a while back and now got her a bigger resolution laptop due to eyesight. I was trying to get into the usb boot menu to get it back to windows 8 rt vs 8.1 and everytime i hold power up and hold the windows button on the screen, and try to access advanced start up options (dont see bios access anywhere so assumed this is where i need to go) it wants me to supply the bitlocker key.

i have the key and have tried 4 times now. 2 times before completely updating the laptop after restoring it to factory, and 2 times after... updating did nothing because when i apply the key it says to push restart to apply the change. i try to attempt to re enter advanced start up and again... wants my key that i already gave it 4 times... 

all i wish to attempt is boot from usb and install the os and i assumed i have to allow "legacy"? i say this because when i try to just boot from usb, which the option is there and my usb is in the port, detected by the laptop (at least when i go look after logging in) it will shut off and either very rarely 1.freeze up (circle stops spinning for 2mins or more till im forced to hold the power) or 2. goes back to the desktop instead of using the usb...

i have the media creation and used it to create the os on the stick. i read around a little bit and someone had said i needed to do it in fat32 (which i originally formatted to ntsf, so i copied all the files to the desktop and re formatted to fat 32 and put the files back on the usb stick... still doesnt detect or use the usb.

im at my wits end with this laptop Smiley Sad was really hoping to either put original 8 rt or dual boot linux on it but with these issues of not being able to access usb boot OR i may have messed up the stick... i wont be able to do that Smiley Sad

if anyone can help me... please do <3... thank you to whomever took the time to read and help me

YogaForumUser
What's DOS?
Views: 168
Message 2 of 2

Re: need help :( (infinite bitlocker loop in yoga 11s

still need help with this issue

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors