Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam1968
What's DOS?
Views: 107
Message 1 of 4

need to continualy run printer troubleshooter

Hi, I have a Lenovo lap to and a brother printer that works ok but for the first print each time I turn the computer on it doesnt work and I need to run the troubleshooter to get it to work. Just wondering if anyone would know how to fix this problem.

Regards

Adam

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 82
Message 2 of 4

Re: need to continualy run printer troubleshooter

We'd need more information. Which Lenovo laptop? What's the model number of the Brother printer? Which OS? What program are you printing from?

It sounds like either a driver issue or the printer needs updated firmware for Windows 10. Without the model numbers, it's all just guessing. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Adam1968
What's DOS?
Views: 61
Message 3 of 4

The Lenovo laptop is a Yoga 510 141Sk, model no. 80S700AYAU. The printer is a Brother MFCJ6520DW.
Thanks.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 40
Message 4 of 4

Still leaving me to guess about the OS or programs you're printing from. Also any error messages you're getting would be most helpful. Are you connecting via WiFi or USB cable? 

So, I'm going to give you a best guess ..and that's that the printer is a bit old to work well with Windows 10. You could try updating the machine's drivers and firmware. Here's the Windows 10 32-bit page. Here's the 64-bit page. There are also drivers for Linux. Note it appears new firmware was recently released, as well. There's also a connection troubleshooter, which might help. Unless that's the troubleshooter you're running. You don't mention if it's Windows' troubleshooter or Brother's. 

Start by making sure everything on your 510 is up-to-date, including the BIOS. Then, update the printer drivers using the Brother installation package for your OS. Finally, update the firmware in the printer. 

If your issue involves WiFi, there are some additional things we can look at. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors