Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rsoubar
What's DOS?
Views: 2,166
Message 1 of 5

new Yoga 520 no sound

Hi,

i got new yoga 520 with wndows 10 and seems my sound not working, i uninstalled and installed the sound driver but still no luck..

test sound from properties show faild to run test tone.

any suggestions how to sort this?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,154
Message 2 of 5

Re: new Yoga 520 no sound

Start with the easy stuff.  Make sure you haven't hit F1 (speaker mute) by accident. 

Second, make sure nothing else is connected. External monitors can override internal speakers. Ditto plug-in headphones or a bluetooth device. 

If all of that's okay, click on the speaker icon and see that the level's all the way up. 

If that seems okay, then right click on the speaker icon, choose "playback devices." Right click below all the audio devices listed and make sure "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" are both checked.  Right click on your "speakers" icon and make sure it's enabled. If not, you'll see "enable" on the dialog. Choose to make the speakers your default device.

Next, start something with audio, such as a YouTube music video. Make sure the audio inside the YouTube window is not muted and at a high enough level (halfway on the slider or better).  Now, in "playback devices," look to see if the green level meters are bouncing next to any playback device. 

Let us know how it goes.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Rsoubar
What's DOS?
Views: 2,140
Message 3 of 5

Yeah undid all that, even I tried Lenovo dr8ver updates, also scan for hardware when i select audio controller infused to stop the scan at 33% and stay for hours.

I just solved it now, downloaded a hardware driver update tool from 3rd party and shows me there is update for audio driver and controller, downloaded it and update it, restart and it worked, the Lenovo supposed showing all up to date even i re-installed from Lenovo it didbt help but going manually and find there is really update of the driver out of Lenovo solved by issue, strange why Lenovo stating it' up to date while there is a driver update and actually fixed my issue.

dnf999
What's DOS?
Views: 1,919
Message 4 of 5

Hi

I have exactly the same problem - no sound and it says that my high definition audio device cannot start. (Code 10) in the device manager.  I'm not sure whether this was due to a Windows update or not, but it did happen around the same time.

Can I ask which 3rd party hardware driver update tool did you use please?  I tried one but it didn't work...

Many thanks!!

LAKSMI1706
What's DOS?
Views: 1,335
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I had the same problem, then I checked this link, downloaded the available updated audio driver, restarted my laptop and it worked.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-520-14ikb/download...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors