Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarkKinsey
Paper Tape
Views: 204
Message 1 of 3

"Shutting Down" on Start up, but not actually shutting down

I started having trouble with my Yoga 3 on vacation.  The connection at the plug adapter started making noises so I assumed it wasn't connecting well.  I shut it down and quit using it for the rest of the trip.  Once home I plugged it in to charge it, but when I turned it on it was immediatly showing a "Shutting Down" message.  The odd thing is that it never shuts down.  I cannot seem to get it out of this state.  Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions to try?

Thanks,

Mark

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 201
Message 2 of 3

Re: "Shutting Down" on Start up, but not actually shutting down

Welcome to the Community, Mark.

Try pressing and holding the power button. That should force it off. Continue to hold down the power button for a full minute after it shuts off, then try to restart it.  

But do have that power connection looked at, soon. Any kind of sound is likely some electricity arcing around and that's never good for microelectronics. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
MarkKinsey
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 3 of 3

Re: "Shutting Down" on Start up, but not actually shutting down

Thanks so much for the quick reply!  That did the trick.  I was in Europe and had to use a converter for the plug.  I suspect the prongs of the power supply simply did not connect to the adapter well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors