Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlmoore
Paper Tape
Views: 71
Message 1 of 1

screen goes blank when moving lcd

I have a yoga 900 131sk, I've noticed that the screen would dim when I turned it on but when I adjusted the brightness it would work fine. That was two weeks ago. today I went to use the laptop ( I use it to read news) as I always do I flipped it and went to tablet mode, when I did I lost the screen, the screen was still on but no desktop, I switched back to computer mode and I noticed when I move the clamshell-lcd;screen open it would disappear and if I closed it slowly the screen would reappear it was like it would dim out and when I got to a certain spot opening the clamshell it would work fine. I've updated all drivers and reinstalled to factory with the same problem, it is now at a point that I have to put the laptop on my desk, get on my knees to see the screen lite up it will only work with the clamshell about 5 inches open. I've read about checking the ribbon cable, I took  the case off and manually moved the ribbon with my hands and it didn't seem to make a difference, no flickering any other ideas would be appreciated.

thanks 

jlmoore

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors