cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
startform
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,389
Message 1 of 13

[solved] Lenovo Yoga 720 touch screen, pen issues (wacom device)

Hi, I have Yoga 720 15IKB

about 3 days ago, i got windows update(maybe 1803 or 1809) and suddenly touch screen is not working anymore.

I can see wacom driver error (STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR) in device manager and touch screen in HID tap is disappeared.

I tried many thing.

1. roll back wacom driver & re-install, delete and restart laptop, delete ventage app

2. windows update

3. windows rollback

4. clean re-install windows

5. factory reset with lenovo homepage download windows including drivers

But when i install windows 10 ver.1703 and driver update, it works for several hours. eventually it is not work anymore. I don't know which driver is installed.

I have warrenty in U.S. but i'm living in KOREA. Korean lenovo service don't accept international warrenty. they don't know what the "international" means. 

so..

1. any other method to fix it?

2. is it hardware problem? not software?

3. anyone got to repair it in US? how much cost it? can i use warrenty?

4. my concern is somebody said it is happen again. hardware fixing can make this repeated problem?

5. do i have to pay delivery fee for lenovo service in U.S.(my friend) to U.S.(service centre)?

6. also it has black line on screen. can it be fixed?

Thank to read!

-------------------Update : Issue Solved---------------

Summay

1. Backup everything. it will format your PC.

2. make Lenovo official windows installation USB.(I don't know official MS windows install works)

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-720-15ikb/download...

==> Access Recovery Media tap

3. download OLD BIOS(1.06?)

download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/4mcn20ww.exe

4. downgrade to OLD BIOS

5. check windows is broken and trun off PC and put windows installation USB

6. access booting menu using NOVO botten and chosses USB booting

7. install and done

Thank you for Lenovo forum, you are batter than lenovo service centre.

first of all, when i tried to install windows again using USB drive, touch wasn't work in install process. it is weird. touch function is working in other device windows installation process. also other discussion said, linux touch is not working. So, my conclusion is it is not driver problem but lower-level problem. As you know,there is BIOS under windows.

Unfortunately, lenovo don't provide out-dated BIOS. but, finally, I found adresses to acceces old BIOS. 

it is V1.06 BIOS(last BIOS is V2.05)

After BIOS downgrade, windows is broken and I access to booting setup using NOVO botten(samll hole next to earphone plug)

lastly, I install lenovo factory windows

you can download it 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-720-15ikb/download...

==> Access Recovery Media tap

PS 1, if you get PRELOAD error during Windows installation like me(I don't know it happen to others), set intel SGX is enabled in the BIOS. and security boot off. you can access to BIOS set up NOVO botten

refer to 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/PRELOAD-FAIL-USB-Windows-10-key-recovery-f...

PS 2, you can use touch screen even in windows installation processes.

PS 3, please be careful, BIOS downgrade is not recomemded by Lenovo.

PS 4, Sorry for my bad English XD.

PS 5, if you did it, please share your experience here. 

PS 6, Lenovo

Thank~!

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

oknel
What's DOS?
Views: 2,330
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 touch screen, pen issues (wacom device)

I'm having the same issue with the Lenovo Active Pen I. Happened in the same day. I was using my Laptop, my computer crashed and when it turned back on it stopped working but I also appeared to have had an update but can't find a solution. I tried updating my windows to 1809 from 1803 and it didn't help.

startform
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,320
Message 3 of 13

I fixed it using BIOS rollback or downgrade. I think it is BIOS problem.

I will update how i did tomarrow, KOREA is 3 am now. I feel so good!!!

Highlighted
purduecg
What's DOS?
Views: 2,269
Message 4 of 13

I am also having the same problem, how do you go about doing a bios roll back?

Thanks

startform
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,238
Message 5 of 13

Here!
startform
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,237
Message 6 of 13

Here!

oknel
What's DOS?
Views: 2,137
Message 7 of 13

I recieved an error message when I tried to do this saying that the version of ROM File is not newer than that of BIOS.

saffordge
What's DOS?
Views: 958
Message 8 of 13

Re: [solved] Lenovo Yoga 720 touch screen, pen issues (wacom device)

Not sure how this question is stated as solved.  This problem is not resolved, the machine will not allow the older bios to be installed and downgrading systems is not a solution, it is a workaround.   I have this problem, likely brought on by a Windows update.  I went to warranty support and they sent out a hardware repair person who replaced my screen and my motherboard.  Suprise, it still doesn't work.  It may be a firmware or BIOS problem or Windows update problem, but it is not a hardware problem.  I expressed this initially but was assured that replacing the hardware will fix it.  I have 3-year NBD warranty and now they want me to send it into the Depot and state that it may take 9 days to get parts to repair, what parts?  The only parts remaining are my hard drive, keyboard, and case.  If a Windows reinstall fixes it let us know, but not doing updates can lead to security issues so that is also only a workaround.  Is there a solution?  Is there a patch from Lenovo or Microsoft to repair this? If no, it is NOT SOLVED.   Please provide an accurate response. From the internet queries, this problem is affecting a significant number of Lenovo customers and there appears to be no acceptance of the issue by Lenovo support.  If the answer is we are working on an update or Windows is working on an update and there is a potential date of release,  that would be a statement of current status, and while not a solution, would at least provide the community with an accurate response.  If there is a fix available please post it here.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 938
Message 9 of 13

Hi!

Welcome to the Community,

1. Download the Firmware Update Utility below

http://download.lenovo.com/km/media/attachment/Yoga720%20FW.zip

2. Press Windows Key + X and uninstall Wacom Pen under Apps and Features.

3. Right click on Desktop Home Screen and take note of the recommended resolution under Display Settings.

4. Press Windows Key + X>Open Device Manager>Expand Monitors>Right click on Generic Php Monitor and select Properties. Under Details Tab, expand Property section to select Hardware IDs and write down the info (e.g. IVO).

5. Go to the folder where the firmware was extracted. Look for the Firmware using the Resolution and Hardware ID Information (See attached photo).

NOTE: For units with more than 1 firmware option begin with the updates in column 1 and test to confirm it resolves the issue. If this does not correct the problem apply the second firmware and test again. Do not use the machine during the update process. This may cause the firmware to fail.

6. Once the update is finished, the update window will close automatically. Restart the machine to complete the firmware update.

7. Check the Touchscreen afterwards.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Reaksmeysk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 885
Message 10 of 13

Thanks for the detailed instruction to solve this problem. I have Lenovo 720 andn its touchscreed was not working yesterday. I followed the instructions but cannot find the Firmware using the Resolution and Hardware ID Information. I also don't see the attached photo in the instructions. Pls help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors