Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wires001
Paper Tape
Views: 72
Message 1 of 1

sound adapter not recognized Lenovo Yoga 3.16 80JH

Sound was working when I went to bed, in the morning it wasn't.  Popup on speaker icon in system tray says "no audio output device is installed." Updated all drivers using iObit Driver scanner.  When that didn't find an audio adapter I rand the driver scanner on the Lenovo support site and it said no new drivers were needed.  Ran recovery from the startup and chose option to completely wipe the hard drive, files, progrmas etc. and install Windows 10 to factory settings - still no sound adapter. Saw a similar forum post with a link to a Reatek driver so installed it - no change.  Also followed instructions to uninstall sound in device manager but it wasn't there to uninstall. Ran Lenovo diagnostics from support site and it says there are no hardware problems and it sees sound adapter.

Also booted laptop to Lubuntu on  a flash drive and also says "no hardware" when I go to look at sound devices.  Seems like a hardware issue to me.  Seems crazy though that it would stop working over night all on its own with no one touching it.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions? 

Top Kudoed Authors