Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
everlastuk
Paper Tape
Views: 686
Message 1 of 3

ssd upgrade lenovo yoga 500

Hi guys,

Just recently purchased a 1tb SSD for my lenovo yoga 500 and i cant beleive how much trouble im going through to get windows installed on to it, on my old laptop it was almost as easy as taking the old hard drive out and putting the new one and then installing windows. However on this laptop isnt so easy, ive made a windows 8.1 bootable usb and  the laptop isnt picking it up ive put usb as the first boot on bios but still no joy, can anyone please advise on what to do next, really getting frustrated here.

thanks guys

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 658
Message 2 of 3

Re: ssd upgrade lenovo yoga 500

UEFI made things more "secure", but also more difficult.

Have you turned off Secure Boot in the BIOS? It may prevent the system from booting via the USB drive. You're only really supposed to have it enabled once you're done installing your OS, but for an end user, it doesn't really give too many benefits versus leaving it off all the time.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
everlastuk
Paper Tape
Views: 652
Message 3 of 3

Re: ssd upgrade lenovo yoga 500

Yes I've turned that off also but still does not boot from my bootable Usb, I actually returning this laptop its given me nothing but a headache, first it was the mouse pad and now the ssd, does anyone have any further suggestions please?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors