Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-23-2019

Jordan

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 1 of 7

sudden laptop battery drain to 0%

2019-01-23, 12:50 PM

Hello,

So I have a Lenovo yoga 720 which I had for almost over a year now. The device had no issues at all, and I take good care of it as i dont leave it plugged to charge when its full or when im done using it. I also rarely leave it on sleep mode.

anyway, the issue that im having is with battery. When ever I turn the laptop on it shows that it has for example 50% charge but as soon as I get to log in screen it shuts down all of a sudden. it only turns on again when I plug it into the charger and it shows 0% battery. I did a full hardware test and it was all good. I also checked the battery status and it shows that its in a good condition.

if anyone knows what might be the issue please let me know. i dont want to replace a battery soon.

Options

4468 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12849 Signins

187616 Page Views

• Views: 187616
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: sudden laptop battery drain to 0%

2019-01-23, 13:47 PM

Welcome to the forum.

From the description this sounds like a defective battery. Most likely one or more cells are short-circuited.

Since you've had this system for "for almost over a year now" I would contact Lenovo as soon as possible to get it serviced before the one year warranty ends. 

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

3 Posts

12-03-2020

India

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 7

Re:sudden laptop battery drain to 0%

2020-12-14, 12:09 PM

I am facing a similar problem with my device (Ideapad 530s 14ikb), let me know if changing/ replacing the battery solved the problem. I shall be greatful.

After turning on my device, the screen shows "Locking..." very briefly and then the computer shuts down after seemingly random times in a few minutes of a startup with a good amount of battery remaining (sometime around 30-35% and even 60%).

I think it's not an actual lock screen problem, the screen just says "Locking" really quickly then shuts down. It's happening at random times as far as I can tell.

It turns completely off and has to be turned back on manually after plugging in and shows 0% battery level but charges normally.

I have checked for viruses and updated bios and other drivers. I am certain that there are no software associated issues. I have also tried tweaking Regedit hotkeys and other power configurations.

Also, is it harmful to my laptop if I lower the maximum processor state?

Kindly assist me to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Options

1 Posts

05-06-2021

Brazil

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-05-06, 22:40 PM

I am having the exact same issue and I also have a yoga 720. Except I've had this laptop for more than 2 years, and I probably don't have a warranty anymore. 

Did changing the battery help? 

Can i also change the battery myself instead of taking it to a shop? 

Regards. 

Options

1 Posts

05-29-2021

Australia

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-05-29, 6:30 AM

I am having the same issue.  Mine drains from 90% to 0% in a matter of minutes. Has anyone had any success in replacing the battery?

Options

11 Posts

12-13-2013

Chile

28 Signins

185 Page Views

• Views: 185
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-07-24, 14:48 PM

Hi, I had the same problem on my Yoga 720. Vantage says the battery condition is good. I tried everything that I've readed on forums, calibrate the battery, uninstalling Intel MEI driver, update BIOS, but nothing works. The battery works well when I use the laptop on battery mode, I don't see any extrange behaivour. The issue is only there when I leave the laptop unpluged overnight, then I power on the laptop, and then suddenly shuts down- When I plug the AC adaptopr and turn it on, it says 0% battery (even if I leave it with 80% battery the night before). 

So can you tell me please if changing the battery worked for you? thank you!

Options

4468 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

357 Signins

34052 Page Views

• Views: 34052
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-07-27, 18:04 PM

@ arielsub95 wrote:

Hi, I had the same problem on my Yoga 720. Vantage says the battery condition is good. I tried everything that I've readed on forums, calibrate the battery, uninstalling Intel MEI driver, update BIOS, but nothing works. The battery works well when I use the laptop on battery mode, I don't see any extrange behaivour. The issue is only there when I leave the laptop unpluged overnight, then I power on the laptop, and then suddenly shuts down- When I plug the AC adaptopr and turn it on, it says 0% battery (even if I leave it with 80% battery the night before). 

So can you tell me please if changing the battery worked for you? thank you!

Hello @ arielsub95!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

You may click on this link to see the steps on how you can create your own new post here at the Community Forums so that other members here will be able to see it and for them to answer it immediately as well.

Make sure to provide all details about your concern including the steps that you've done on your end as well as your machine's details like its MTM (machine type-model) number which can be seen through the device's label/sticker or its original packaging and does usually have a format of Z********R as an example.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms