Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-06-2020

Saudi Arabia

8 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 5

touchpad stopped working after bios update

2021-02-21, 17:49 PM

hello, a few days ago I was prompted with an update by lenovo vantage . after installing bios update 8GCN37WW ( AC power was connected) everything went smoothly but after booting into windows my mouse touchpad was not working and there was no mouse pointer to be found. I thought there was some drivers incompatibility with the new update so I tried removing and re-installing touchpad drivers with no results, disabling and re-enabling mouse via windows didn't solve it and pressing F6 button just shows touchpad animation for enable/disable. by the way pen input and screen touch are still working fine. 

please help.

Options

1970 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:touchpad stopped working after bios update

2021-02-22, 13:19 PM

Hello Dark matters!

Nice to have you here at the Community Forums!

What type of Lenovo device are you using?

Can you please share its MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

11-06-2020

Saudi Arabia

8 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-02-22, 20:30 PM

sure here are my device info :

YOGA C930-13IKB

Product number: 81C4005CAD

Options

1970 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-02-22, 21:41 PM

Thanks for providing your device's details Dark matters!

Try loading BIOS settings into defaults by pressing the FN and F9 keys followed by FN and F10 on your keyboard.

Make sure that the Yoga C930 is turned OFF first pressing FN and Power button to access Novo button menu and select BIOS.

Also, check if there's an available Windows update for your machine as well and download/install it to the device.

You may also have the Yoga C930 be in Safe Mode and test the touchpad from there as well.

Should the above steps didn't worked, it would be advisable to have the Yoga C930 be brought to any local service providers near your area so that they can inspect the machine as this may seem a possible hardware concern that may require repairs for it to work/function properly again.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

11-06-2020

Saudi Arabia

8 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-02-22, 22:41 PM

thank you for your support, unfortunately I have tried all the steps above with no result.

However, after some digging I found the source of this problem It was a missing intel driver labeled as { Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller - INT344B }

so, basically to fix the problem all what was needed is to remove this driver and reinstall it properly.

If it is allowed in this forum, I can provide a link to the working version of above mentioned driver or attach it so someone reading this in the future can benefit from this post,

if not please keep a note for future reference or implement this solution into a future update.

thanks again for your help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms