Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrSammy
Paper Tape
Views: 13,560
Message 1 of 48

two finger tap right click not working

Is anyone having a problem with two-finger tap to right click?  Two-finger tap to right click was working fine for a while, but it suddenly stopped on my Yoga 13.

I reinstalled the touchpad drivers, and it worked for a few days, then it stopped again.  Two-finger click still works fine.  So does one-finger tap to left click.

Strange....

Former Employee
Views: 13,537
Message 2 of 48

Re: two finger tap right click not working

Driver crashed, execute: C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get BIOS version: Windows key + R --> cmd --> wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion
DrSammy
Paper Tape
Views: 13,505
Message 3 of 48

Thanks for your reply, Andy1990zx.  I tried that, but that didn't work.  The driver started again, but still now two-finger right click.

Hmm...  I though it might have been an antivirus problem.  I'm using Kaspersky.  I disabled and uninstalled the antivirus, and the problem still persists. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Former Employee
Views: 13,474
Message 4 of 48

How about other gestures?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get BIOS version: Windows key + R --> cmd --> wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion
DrSammy
Paper Tape
Views: 13,455
Message 5 of 48

One-finger tap, edge swipes, all work.

Just the 2-finger tap for right-click.

Dellaster
Punch Card
Views: 13,426
Message 6 of 48

The same thing has happened to my Yoga 13. Two-finger right-click was working fine until today. I can't think of anything I did that would affect it.

djklmnop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,404
Message 7 of 48

Two finger tap for right click has never been a default feature from Lenovo.  The only thing that is offered is edge-swipe.

If you follow the Yoga 13 thread on notebookreview.com, you will find that I've created a work around to enable all the advanced features.  Follow these instructions:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55148962/Enabling%20Synaptics%20Touchpad%20Advanced%20Features%20v06%201109...

Download the OEM Synaptics drivers for when you go through the instructions above:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55148962/Synaptics_v15_2_20_C_XP64_Vista64_Win7-64_Signed_Marketing_SGS94_U...

Enjoy.

Dellaster
Punch Card
Views: 13,380
Message 8 of 48

Thank you, djklmnop, for the fix and extensive instructions. I'll miss the two-finger tap, but I can live with two-finger clicking with some practice, I think. More importantly, your suggested settings -- only slightly modified to my taste -- make using the Yoga much more pleasant to use. Especially when typing. Before, I was getting all kinds of trackpad interference. Now, it's not interfering at all.

Ted

Dellaster
Punch Card
Views: 13,341
Message 9 of 48

...Then again, uninstalling the Synaptic driver, rebooting, and reinstalling it (the driver on drive DSmiley Happy gave back the two-finger tap context menu. So it's apparently the default action of Lenovo's driver version even though there's no control setting to turn it on/off or adjust it.

Palm rejection and everything else works as nicely as with djklmnop's method, for my tastes. Looks like I just needed to uninstall/reinstall the driver to get it to work as intended. Smoothly and precisely, with two-finger tap included.

Ted

Edit: The specific action that disables two-finger tap right-click functionality is unchecking Edge Swipe in the Synaptic control panel. Once you do that, checking it again will not re-enable two-finger tapping. You have to uninstall/reboot/ then reinstall the original drivers found on the D: drive, in the "drivers" folder (drivers\Touchpad\Setup.exe).

I've changed most of the other settings in that control panel without losing two-finger tapping. I think it's just the Edge Swipe check box that does it.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 13,285
Message 10 of 48

Hi guys,

there´s a new driver_ 

Synaptics TouchPad Driver
0ttp16ww.exe
113MB
Windows 8 64bit 16.2.21.3 15 Nov 2012

it seems it fixes the two finger tapping issue.

Best

Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors