Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erzund
Punch Card
Views: 4,710
Message 21 of 48

Re: two finger tap right click not working

Just followed these steps and it's working great!  This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for finding this and providing the detailed instructions!

New option for middle click is a nice bonus too

Folarino
Punch Card
Views: 4,579
Message 22 of 48

Hi Thunberg!

Thanks for the registry change instructions. I just got this issue with my thinkpad helix after disabling edge swipe and luckily came across this thread.

Your fix works perfectly!

carl1121
What's DOS?
Views: 4,562
Message 23 of 48

I just tested Thunberg's fix on the latest synaptic drivers (v 16.3.15.1 25Feb13) and it works.  I can now two-finger click and three-finger click!

amittoor
What's DOS?
Views: 4,516
Message 24 of 48

I found 100% Working Solution for you. It is a registry trick. Just Follow the Link Below:- http://amittoor.blogspot.in/2013/05/how-to-use-two-fingers-tap-as-right.html
timpel_800
Punch Card
Views: 4,475
Message 25 of 48

perfect!
raaaaay
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,388
Message 26 of 48

Wow thank you soooooooo much!!! This problem has been bugging me for months now. Thanks again!!! How on earth did you find out how to solve this problem I dare not imagine!

Crey23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,878
Message 27 of 48

I have had the Y2P for about a week now, and I have not been able to get the touch pad to work properly.

I have resintalled the drivers provided on the D drive, downloaded the ones from the website, and even installed the Win8.1 drivers for the Yoga 13, and no matter what I do I cannot get the two finger touch to respond as right click.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I have less than a week to make up my mind on whether I am keeping the Y2P or the Yoga 13.  I know the as an early adopter there would be some issues, but it seems that Lenovo did not learn from the issues that the Yoga 13 had at launch. (wifi, touch pad, etc).

The main reason for keeping the Y2P is the back lit and stronger keyboard, but at this point I am seriously considering the Yoga 13 as much better option.

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in

gahelm
Paper Tape
Views: 3,851
Message 28 of 48

Thunberg, I just wanted to take the time to login and say THANKS!  Your solution works even with the new drivers.  I really apreciate you taking the time to document this for all to see! 

Greg

Crey23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,846
Message 29 of 48

Amittoor Thank you so much for this!!

I have been working on a fix for a week.  I had actually tried this before, but the original drivers did not have the option under the menu identified.  So I installed Synaptics drives (not lenovo's), and with this "patch" it worked perfect thank you!!!

Now if I could get a simple fix for my yellows....sigh Smiley Happy

coreno
Paper Tape
Views: 3,823
Message 30 of 48

@thunberg wrote:

So after spending a few hours on this, here's the solution if you want to disable Edge Swipe while still retaining two finger tap right click while using the Lenovo provided drivers to maintain the unique yoga features:

1. Disable Edge Swipe via the normal Synaptics settings: Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Settings -> Settings -> Edge Swipe -> Uncheck.

2. To manually re-enable two finger tap, hit windows key + x, select "run", enter "regedit" then hit enter, and on the left pane browse to the following location:

HKEY_USERS\<SID name for your current user>\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2

3. In the right pane double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" for right click, or a "4" for middle click (I use 2). Also double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.

4. Next in the right pane, and this is what disabling Edge Swipe actually changes which breaks everything, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3 (it's originally a 3 before you disable Edge Swipe).

5. As a bonus, if you want to enable three finger tap for middle click, double click on 3FingerTapAction and change the value to a "4", also clear any value for 3FingerTapPluginID and set 3FingerTapPluginActionID to "0".

Unless you have multiple users, your SID is most likely the longest string, for instance mine is "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1669614795-426116693-2193257368-1003." Enjoy.

EXCELLENT! This is what I was looking for. Somehow this appears to have broken in the upgrade to Windows 8.1 also. I also had to go to the task manager details tab and end the assorted SynTP processes and restart them for the changes to take effect.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors