Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khorkhorjin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,366
Message 31 of 48

Re: two finger tap right click not working

Hey thunberg,

But the edge swipe doesn't work anymore..?

I did repeat step 4 and restart the computer but it still doesn't work.

I tried to turn it on back in the normal Synaptics settiings -> Edge Swipe -> Check, but this will disable my two fingers and three fingers tap.

Am I the only one having this problem? Any solutions??

Thanks in advance!

Crey23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,356
Message 32 of 48

The issue that I have with thus solution is that I do not have any of the options of 2, 3, or 4 finger tap/touch in the sub folder. I only have a couple un related options.

Once I install the Synaptic driver (not lenovos) I get the option to change values as the indicated "files" are present.

I hope that makes sense... I'm not sure what to call the "files" inside the re-edit directory.
CustomGT
What's DOS?
Views: 2,310
Message 33 of 48

How do I do 2 finger left click tap?

ysaykin
Paper Tape
Views: 1,933
Message 34 of 48

How about an update to the trackpad from Lenovo that allows for two finger tap. Shouldn't really have to install synaptics drivers and do all these work arounds just to get this working. Lenovo hasn't released an update since october 13. People buying a laptop for over $1000 shouldn't have to make registary edits and reinstalling drivers right out of the box. 

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,655
Message 35 of 48

tried the Registry trick but sadly it does not work for me at all Smiley Sad since i follow steps and nothing enabled the 2 tap right click, so now i'm using a 3rd party program that enables it for me which does work so far so i hope there is another fix for this synaptic 2 finger tap right click so i can do it without needing any 3rd party software.

Update: Nvm solved it Smiley Happy managed to install synaptics drivers from synaptics.com and that got 2 finger tap right clck feature working directely after restart Smiley Happy

crspyjohn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,537
Message 36 of 48

My two finger tap disappears randomly on my ThinkPad X240... Is there a fix for this yet? I have to go into the control panel and reenable each time it stops working!

Javalom
Paper Tape
Views: 1,440
Message 37 of 48

Thank you man, such a great work around.
tcj
Punch Card
Views: 1,415
Message 38 of 48

The geniuses at Lenovo are still shipping new computers today that don't have functioning double tap context menu. I'm forced to right bottom click this ridiculously stiff trackpad. One year later and no fix. Has Lenovo addressed ANY problem their computers have? Seems they could care less about their customers.
Javalom
Paper Tape
Views: 1,413
Message 39 of 48

Hey, stop having a bad time because of this issue, just try the registry work around and everything will be back.
tcj
Punch Card
Views: 1,405
Message 40 of 48

Please.  One year later and Lenovo has not addressed serious problems with their laptops.  My screen still flickers uncontrollably below 50% screen brightness, I can't listen to headphones without putting my laptop to sleep and awakening it again, the internal speakers randomnly stop working all the time, bluetooth has a mind of its own etc etc.  They've had an entire year to fix the problems associated with the Y2P and they've done virtually nothing. How do I know?  I just bought another Y2P to replace the one that's barely holding it together... and all the original problems the year-old unit had are still prevalent on the new one.  AMAZING

I tried the registry fix and it does nothing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors