02-13-2019 04:47 PM
Hi, I recently bought an used 910 and thought it was a good idea to return it to Factory Settings. As novo button was not working, I tried using the recovery image (downloaded from Lenovo support site), but it threw an error by the end of its process and Windows was unusable; for some reason lenovo support stated that I wasnt able to download the image again and point me up to download W10 directly.
I proceed to download W10 directly and install it without ANY problem, later I installed all the applications/ drivers from:
Now for the problems:
* When I fold into tablet mode, tablet mode IS enabled... but keyboard and trackpad are still 100% active.
* Accelerometer/ sensors are showing "noise" by Lenovo Diagnostics, this in turn make that when on tablet mode, to be "wacky"... like tablet mode on and off.
All of this is specially odd, as prior to formatting tablet mode was working fine... I know, if it is working, do not fix it... but I thought that after buying a laptop to a stranger, it was a good thing to do.
Now for the checkups:
* YMC (yoga mode control) service is installed and running.
* Another post stated about installing OneKey optimizer and Harmonize, I couldnt find those for Win10.
* No missing drivers found on Device Manager... but:
- Keyboard is stated as: Standard PS/2 Keyboard (is this correct?). Version: 10.0.17763.1 (microsoft)
- "Mice" is stated as: HID-compliant mouse (shouldnt it be something with "trackpad"). - Version: 10.0.17763.1 (microsoft)
- Sensors: HID Sensor Collection V2. - Version: 10.0.17763.1 (microsoft)
Isnt it strange that all possible suspects have the same driver version by msft? Could someone help me out... I want to be able to use my new laptop properly
Thanks to everyone, and sorry for the long post.
02-14-2019 06:04 AM
funny thing, I disabled YMC and now windows automatically disables keyboard and trackpad. Tablet mode is still wacky, as I dont get windows to disable it (the mode) when I transform again into laptop... So Im not using tabletmode (functionality) altogether, but transforming and using both modes is functional at least (no "big" icons, etc).
Part of the strange thing is that the accelerometer is not crazy any more, at least no tablet mode back and forth... Lenovo Diagnostics still states that there is "noise" during testing.
- YMC might have a bug.
- Accelerometer might have something.
Does someone know which version and how to check drivers for these sensors?
02-14-2019 06:17 AM