Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikoff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 731
Message 1 of 2

[utility] Yoga 2 Pro set battery threshold in Linux

Hi everyone!

After a month of using Ubuntu on my Yoga 2 Pro machine i realized that the battery is degrading when the laptop is continiously connected to AC.

Dual boot with Windows is not an option - because to change the battery threshold you have to make a reboot and keep the space for windows on your ssd drive.

So what have i done - i studied Super I/O registers values while enabling/disabling different Yoga 2 Pro management features like battery threshold, quick charge and usb charging and wrote a simple program which allows you to change this feautres from Linux.

Find the project here:

https://gitlab.com/mikoff/Y2P-PM/

The program can set up different Yoga 2 Pro power management features and read their status. It was tested on my machine under Ubuntu 15.10. Please note that you have to be root to run the program.

emarsh
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 2 of 2

Re: [utility] Yoga 2 Pro set battery threshold in Linux

I just installed Kubuntu 17.10 on my Lenovo 15" Yoga 720. Searching for battery charging control I found this thread. I've downloaded and run your utility but so far the battery charging has not changed. Can you give me a pointer to where I can find which port is used to control what on the 720 so that I can verify that the values are being written to the right ports? Thanks - Eric

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors