Options

3 Posts

06-29-2018

GB

5 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 3

very bad repair service and customer service. wouldn't recommend a lenovo product to anyone.

2018-06-29, 18:47 PM

I have a lenovo yoga 710 that has a screen flickering problem (just like everyone else on the forums with a yoga 710 because you seem really good at making faulty products) which i sent in for repair in october, it started in april but i never bothered to send it in until the flickering would turn from just flickering to the screen being completely black.

I got the laptop back with the screen not replaced or anything (and with the spacebar not working) but the flickering stopped and that was okay by me. just a week afterwards the flickering starts again but i was due for a trip to egypt and had no time to bother with your customer support specially because i needed my laptop and wasn't going to wait 3 weeks without it again.

after i was back from the trip a couple of weeks latter i called in to arrange another fix and complain that my screen is flickering again and i'm told that it's been too long since my first repair and that it's out of warranty so there's nothing they can do, so i chose to live with it..

it's been a couple of months since then where i hardly use my laptop because of the fact that it hurts my eyes whenever i do, then a couple of weeks ago my screen completely stops working again, with ocassional flickering and a second of working properly. I contact customer support to ask if there's anything they can do. After ages on hold the agent tells me they'll speak to their supervisor and surprise, there's nothing he can do except arrange a paid fix, I ask if i can to the supervisor and the answer I get is "well I'm sort of the supervisor right now" (I remained very polite throughout the entire call.)

I tried contacting email to arrange a paid fix which would include a replacement of my monitor which will apparently cost 591 pounds excluding labor charges. I couldn't help but laugh at that point.

When I sent it in for repair during warranty I was sent back the laptop without a replaced monitor, barely anything done to fix it, crackling sound when opening and closing the lid, a nonfuctioning space-bar which i had to fix, and the problem returning back a a week later (which in the first place is clearly a factory defect that's really sad to see from a company like lenovo), but now that it's out of warranty they are happy to replace my monitor for 591 pounds.

If you're planning on buying a yoga product and read this please consider the many other better options that you have and won't ask you for more than 591 pounds to repair a factory defect that they couldn't repair while it's on warranty.

Options

9 Posts

09-16-2014

GB

11 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: very bad repair service and customer service. wouldn't recommend a lenovo product to anyone.

2018-07-03, 10:21 AM
Not dissimilar to my experience. Fail to fix properly under warranty & then wash their hands out of warranty.

Clearly makes no sense to pay for a repair they were unable to effect under warranty. No doubt when it fails again you'll be offered the opportunity to pay again!
Options

3 Posts

06-29-2018

GB

5 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: very bad repair service and customer service. wouldn't recommend a lenovo product to anyone.

2018-07-07, 15:15 PM

Specially a repair that costs more than three quarters the laptops price (Not including labor costs, haha)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete