cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damianp67
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,155
Message 1 of 7

week old Yoga 920 won't turn on anymore - any hard resets? - Resolved - replacement coming

I think my week old 920 bit the dust today. It froze up on me and used the power button to reset and now it won't turn on, nor do I even get a power indicator when I plug it in. 

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I will call support tomorrow but I think its dead Jim....

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,120
Message 2 of 7

Re: week old Yoga 920 won't turn on anymore - any hard resets?

Have you unplugged it and held the power button for 8 - 10 seconds?  If yes, call support.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
damianp67
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,093
Message 3 of 7

Re: week old Yoga 920 won't turn on anymore - any hard resets?

Yes, thanks, no change. I will be calling support for a replacement today.

- Update- since its less than a week only, they gave me an option to send me a replacement.

Nostarion
What's DOS?
Views: 3,907
Message 4 of 7

Re: week old Yoga 920 won't turn on anymore - any hard resets? - Resolved - replacement coming

I had this problem, SOLVED it by following a similar problem fix on the yoga 900 (one of the recommended solutions at the bottom of the page) held the power button down for a minute (power cable not in). There was no indication that anything happened and then tried to turn it on and it worked again. Im gunna call and complain, seems like a relatively common issue.

jpeterrr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,249
Message 5 of 7

Re: week old Yoga 920 won't turn on anymore - any hard resets? - Resolved - replacement coming

Hello. I have a similar problem. I have a 3-month old yoga 920 glass vibes. Last night, the battery was below 20%, so I plugged in the charger to the right thunderbolt port. After few minutes, my laptop suddenly shut down. Now, it won't open anymore. Whenever I press the power button, the light indicator turns on for few seconds, but nothing happens. I tried to plug in the charger again. The light indicator was white and blinking slowly several minutes ago, but now it's steady white. The laptop still doesn't start though. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,242
Message 6 of 7

@jpeterrr wrote:

Hello. I have a similar problem. I have a 3-month old yoga 920 glass vibes. Last night, the battery was below 20%, so I plugged in the charger to the right thunderbolt port. After few minutes, my laptop suddenly shut down. Now, it won't open anymore. Whenever I press the power button, the light indicator turns on for few seconds, but nothing happens. I tried to plug in the charger again. The light indicator was white and blinking slowly several minutes ago, but now it's steady white. The laptop still doesn't start though. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Responded in the other thread you started on this issue.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
adama640
Fanfold Paper
Views: 537
Message 7 of 7

Our two Yoga 920 bought same day dead same time. Is the yoga 920 time bound????

I and my friend bought our yoga 920 in november 2017. In January of 2018 mine stopped to charge and the technicians diagnosed the motherboard was dead and since it was still under warranty they ordered the motherboard from Lenovo and it was fixed. On the 20 of February 2019 my laptop screen went blank but latter on came back. The next day after I work I shut the laptop down after the battery indicated low and that was all I ever saw that laptop on. I charged it many times and it will come hot but no indicator showing it is always charging. Just the next day my frined also reported the same problem and they have all been declared motherboard dead.

Please can Lenovo help us replace those mother boards at and affordable fee. Please where can we contact lenovo for help. 

Please our situation is very desparate and all our data are on those laptops. Also any way we can recover our data from the harddrives of those laptops. Plsssssssss.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors