Re: yoga 13 freezes 1-2 times a day

UPDATE #4:

It's been a month now, no frezzes at all Smiley Happy

lorne1540
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,510
Message 42 of 53

i believe this was mentioned previously in the forum but it bears repeating as it permanently fixed the problem for me.

Right click speacker icon on desktop, select connexant sound, open properties, select enhancement tab, put a check mark in the disable sound effects box.

kaysersoze
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,432
Message 43 of 53

They have changed the motherboard and SSD 2 weeks ago, and I also unchecked the sound effects option but none of these solved my freezing issue. I just had it again!!! 

dosdoscarlos
Paper Tape
Views: 4,336
Message 44 of 53

I also unchecked the sound effects option but none of these solved my freezing issue. But it seems if I alternate clicking left and right touch pad buttons it come back. I have done this the last 4 time it has froze.
amoeba97
What's DOS?
Views: 4,241
Message 45 of 53

I did the updates and the freezing happened again about two weeks later (today). Still the DptfPolicyLpmServiceHelper error.

The description for Event ID 1 from source DptfPolicyLpmServiceHelper cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

DptfPolicyLpmServiceHelper
WinMain: CreateSharedMemory() failed.
habeeb_matrix
What's DOS?
Views: 4,028
Message 46 of 53

I have the same issue for the past 6 months. Living with this painful thing. Contacted the helpline couple of times with no much help. Asked me to give the system to them but doesnt promise it would be fixed or replaced.

Very sad the issue with an expensive model. I live in United Arab Emirates.

zizo
What's DOS?
Views: 3,816
Message 47 of 53

Hi guys,

I wish I read this thread before buying my piece of crap !!!! it freezes on me every other day and the hassel to go through hard reseting the computer every time it happens is a lot less painful than returning the Yoga to Karfour in Dubai...... so I'm not sure what to do now !!!!!!

dosdoscarlos
Paper Tape
Views: 3,799
Message 48 of 53

Mine still dose the freeze thing but only once in a while ( 2-3 times a week). I use it as a laptop most of the time. I have gotten used to clicking the left then right touch pad buttons 2 or 3 times fast and that clears it for me. I do this even if I'm in slate mode, I flip the key board around and click the  touch pad and It's back. I have also notice that sometimes if I just let it sit there it comes back after a minuet (60sec)  I have never hat to reboot. Make sure all drivers are updated. I still love this **bleep** thing. Even my friends Mac dose wierd stuff but he won't admit it.You know Apple can do no wrong.

RMTECH
What's DOS?
Views: 2,501
Message 49 of 53

Hi elal1234,

After SSD replacement, the problem was sold?

Thanks

RMTECH
What's DOS?
Views: 2,500
Message 50 of 53

Sorry, the problem was solved?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors