Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bombom5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,504
Message 21 of 53

Re: yoga 13 freezes 1-2 times a day

It froze for me when using IE + touchscreen. There have only been one bug fix update since last problems (and turning off DTPF) and it was installed yesterday http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2901549 I have no idea whether that is related and I am clueless. Smiley Sad

UriG
What's DOS?
Views: 5,483
Message 22 of 53

Problem not solved... I just experienced 2 freezes in less than an hour..

Extremely frustrating as this computer is brand new - Any advice anyone? Quite clueless as to what I can do.

Smiley Sad

bombom5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,400
Message 23 of 53

I uninstalled the DPTF driver. It still freezes but the DPTF error messages are gone. Basically, now there are no error log messages at all before the freeze. Looks like a hardware problem!

UriG
What's DOS?
Views: 5,391
Message 24 of 53

Do you have any idea how we can go about solving this problem? 

Is there any person on this forum who can provide some official response from Lenovo?

Thanks in advance.

bombom5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,365
Message 25 of 53

I have had enough — I am returning the device to the shop to either provide another Yoga, other vendor laptop or reimbursement. I like the Yoga, however, this problem is unacceptable! It has clear signs of a factory defect. Moreover, it looks like Lenovo will not care because not that many devices are affected -- we are just some 10 people ranting here but there are lots of good reviews elsewhere (of course, that does not justify Lenovo's ignorance anyhow)...

Attaching also the other thread with the same (unresolved!) problem: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Yoga-13-freeze-and-spontaneous-reboot/td...

It looks like there is always some reaction from Lenovo when a new thread is made. One could perhaps create a new thread with summary of all this (and point to this and the other thread) to draw some attention.

elal1234
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,355
Message 26 of 53

Same here, I've had it.

This morning I contacted the Lenovo support center in Israel and described the problem, and I also mentioned this thread. Although I told him I already tried a full recovery, the representitive asked me to do it one more time and promised that if the problem will occur again it will be sent to their labs.

I will updtate you.

elal1234
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,347
Message 27 of 53

UPDATE:

Unsuprisignly, It froze on me again. I contacted the service center and they will pick it up on sunday.

bombom5
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,318
Message 28 of 53

Thanks for keeping updated, I am very interested how will they resolve this.

Mine is back at the shop now, waiting for a resolution from the seller...

lorne1540
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,296
Message 29 of 53

Mine started this freezing crap a few times last week, now it is more often than once an hour. i have done ALL the DPTF stuff, as well as disabling that "runswusb" service that seemed to be responsible for a lot of crashes.

Usually before the crash there is an extreme slow down. Task manager is showing 100% usage spikes and 100% memory utilization. The runswusb looked like the culprit.

I want an answer for this now as I have reached my limit of frustration.

kaysersoze
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,146
Message 30 of 53

UPDATE:

Hi guys,

I have sent the laptop to tech, I did a full recovery, I disabled all the startup applications and services but the problem still occurs. Support service does not help and could not find the reason moreover they asked for extra $89 for additional support. Now I am at the moment where they promised to call me back for a solution and they told me to wait for 3 more business days. Shame on you Lenovo, do not buy yoga 13. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors