Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loveSarah
Paper Tape
Views: 9,560
Message 701 of 938

Re: yoga 13 wifi issues

For the limited wifi problem, i recently found a strange fix that worked for me. 

Network and Sharing Center> Advanced Sharing Settings > all networks> password protected sharing >turn off password protected sharing 

My wifi immediately connected to the internet after I turned it off. 

Let me know if this works for anyone else. 

clriis
SCSI Port
Views: 9,538
Message 702 of 938

@loveSarah;

Kudo's to you. The fix seems to work for me as well and I can now use the updated driver.

Lenovo/Realtek: You should now fix this obvious flaw

MJKam11
Paper Tape
Views: 9,348
Message 703 of 938

Hey Friends

I have just recieved my Yoga today, and I have noticed the weak connection but that wasn't my biggest problem.  Everytime I put it to sleep, it would disconnect and refuse to connect [widely reported problem].  What was weird for me was that it would basically disable my router, as it also disabled my desktops internet, both of which are ran through my old ass Belkin "wireless G router" 2.4 GHZ 802.11g.  

So I took the advice of disabling the BTG whatever [found in another thread posted by a Lenovo rep] in the MSconfig startup menu.  

Then I installed the new drivers provided by Lenovo and I also took the advice from @lovesarah and did this

Network and Sharing Center> Advanced Sharing Settings > all networks> password protected sharing >turn off password protected sharing 

And LASTLY I did this as done by @debapriya

Here is a solution that so far has worked to fix random wifi connection interruptions / drops.
1. Bring up the device manager by searching "device manager" from the charms menu under settings.
2. Click on network adapters in the device manager.
3. Right click on "Realtek RTL8723A wireless ..." under network adapters. Click on properties.
4. In the properties box click on the advanced pane.
5. Inside the advanced pane set the following values to these parameters:
selective suspend: disabled (I think this is the only change necessary but I did the other 2 parameter changes as well, you can experiment with different choices)
selective suspend timeout: 60
WiFi config: WiFi
Click OK to save settings.

SO FAR, the problem with it going to sleep and waking up and completely skewing my wifi router has gone away, as far as the other connectivity issues, I didn't have them in the first place, but it's only day one.  If it starts to act up again, i'll update this post.  

Much thanks to all the dedicated tech nerds/employees on these threads

sternig
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,000
Message 704 of 938

I installed the June 6 2013 drivers a week or so ago, connections to my Netgear N600 N router are good. However connections to a Belkin G routher set as an access point that I had installed to be closer to the yoga than the router are much much worse. I wonder what will happen when if I go on a road trip and have to deal with WiFi at hotels along the road? I do have and installed an external USB WiFI that seems to connect OK to the G access point OK and also will carry along the older drivers just in case.

dmkuznetsov
What's DOS?
Views: 8,716
Message 705 of 938

Excuse me, what does BTG stand for? And could you please describe in details how to disable it?

Thank you!

Highlighted
mikey94025
802.11n
Views: 8,673
Message 706 of 938

@dmkuznetsov wrote:

Excuse me, what does BTG stand for? And could you please describe in details how to disable it?

Thank you!

I think he means disabling the BTDevManager service:

1.  Charms, Search, Search for "services", in Settings pick "View local services"

2.  Right-click on the BTDevManager service and pick Stop

3.  Also right-click and pick Properties, change Startup type to Disabled.

lagvoid
Paper Tape
Views: 8,547
Message 707 of 938

Thanks for recapping your resolution steps.  The last bit you quoted from debapriya resolved my issues! I was ready to send this thing back to Lenovo!!!

sternig
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,474
Message 708 of 938

I installed the June 6 2013 drivers a week or so ago, connections to my Netgear N600 N router are good. However connections to a Belkin G routher set as an access point that I had installed to be closer to the yoga than the router are much much worse. I wonder what will happen when if I go on a road trip and have to deal with WiFi at hotels along the road? I do have and installed an external USB WiFI that seems to connect OK to the G access point OK and also will carry along the older drivers just in case

7-8-2013 Update: After a few days I started having poor, slow or no connections with the June 6 driver on both my N router and G access point. I went back to the Jan 18? driver as it seems more stable.

Sad that I trusted Lenovo to come up with a fix. I should have returned this when I could of. I guess Lenovo is no IBM.

ken481
Punch Card
Views: 8,414
Message 709 of 938

Hi

I got my yoga 2 days ago and i have been having these unfortunate wi-fi issue.

Like most of you i get the following.

1, My home network is immediately found

2, When i click connect it take ages "identifying", at times this process crashes my router's wifi connection as all other computers connected to router get disconnect and i need to restart router.

3, After a couple of router restarts it then connects, yet at some point the router crashes again and etc etc.

What i did is i used the internet connection of my phone and my tablet using wi-fi tethering and strangely enough the yoga connects instantanously and there is no problems with the connection.

So i was thinking of what could be the possible problem here. Also it seems that not every person who has a yoga has this issue.  Apparently most people who have this issue have this issue with their home network.

So what could be the environement or setting causing these problems

1, Static IP - my home network is set up with static ip rather than DHCP.

My android phone and static use DHCP. Also it seems that the problem with connecting is in "identifying" - which i assume means attain the ip from the router.

2, Pre-N draft - my router is a belkin pre-n - could it be possible that there is a conflict or issue between the pre-n draft and the actual n protocal - in a sense that the card might be trying to connect through the n protocol to the pre-n protocol of my router.

not sure if any of this make sense - but in order to solve this problem one needs to single out the function that is causing it and one can only do this by seeing what all of us have in common and what others (who have no issues) don't have

Also is there any official statement from lenovo on this - at least informing us that they are working on a fix would really help after spening 1300 Euro on a brand new laptop with a serious glitch in a basic computer functionality.

Ken

ktabel01
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,361
Message 710 of 938

Got my laptop back.  The included paperwork states the tech was able to connect to multiple networks.  That it was not a hardware issue. I installed the windows updates, lenovo drivers, and the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENS.  This "laptop" will not work when it is on your lap and hands resting on the sides of the mouse pad. Put it on a desk, no problem.  I've already tried the above fixes and it's made no difference.  Very frustrated

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors