Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

97 Posts

08-03-2012

Hong Kong

133 Signins

1139 Page Views

• Views: 1139
  • Message 231 of 977

Re: yoga 13 wifi issues

2013-04-08, 12:14 PM

Well... that has to go down as some of the worst 'customer service' I have received from Lenovo so far.

They appeared to not want me to come up to the office and instead met me at the lobby and told me that someone from the technical team would email me over the links to download as soon as possible. Shortly after I left they then said a technical team manager(?) would call. He did call but it did not go well. Here is a summary of the parts connected to the Yoga wifi driver (I also had an issue with an X230 driver I needed as well, but that's for the X230 thread). This is not a direct transcript but sums up the things said.

Me: I would like to get hold of the latest wifi driver for the Yoga 13.

Lenovo: The latest driver is on our website to download.

Me: Unfortunately the one on the website is dated Sept 2012. There is a more recent one that comes on shipping Yogas with a December date on it.

Lenovo: We can send you a link to download it from our website.

Me: That is not the latest one.

Lenovo: What is the driver number you are after.

Me: 1021.5.1217.2012 Which means it was published on Dec 17th 2012.

Lenovo: We don't have that driver

Me: It is the one that comes on shipping Yoga's now. Don't your technicians have this driver?

Lenovo: Our technicians always have the latest driver from the website.

Me: Really?!? Your technicians get their drivers from the Lenovo website?

Lenovo: Silence

Me: Your technicians get their drivers from the Lenovo website?

Lenovo: (Changes the subject)

Lenovo: I am sorry, I have no comment.

Me: So how can I get the latest driver to install. Do you realise your customers have been waiting nearly 7 months for a working wifi driver.

Lenovo: Thank you for your comments.

Me: So that is it?

Lenovo: I will pass on your comments to the relevent department.

Me: Maybe you could post something on the forum thread to explain to customers.

Lenovo: What is on the forums does not represent Lenovo's opinions and should not be assumed to be true.

Me: Lenovo don't really care about customers at all do they?

Lenovo: Thank you for your comments (he then wrapped up and said goodbye).

Pretty disgusting. I just find it so so bizarre that they don't want to send or put online a simple driver that might well fix so many angry customers problems.

My one highlight for the day is that this thread is now number 2 on Google searchs for 'lenovo yoga'. :smileyhappy:

Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

Slovakia

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 232 of 977

2013-04-08, 12:46 PM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Options

98 Posts

03-17-2013

California, USA

164 Signins

1399 Page Views

• Views: 1399
  • Message 233 of 977

2013-04-08, 16:57 PM
wrote:

Well... that has to go down as some of the worst 'customer service' I have received from Lenovo so far.

They appeared to not want me to come up to the office and instead met me at the lobby and told me that someone from the technical team would email me over the links to download as soon as possible. Shortly after I left they then said a technical team manager(?) would call. He did call but it did not go well. Here is a summary of the parts connected to the Yoga wifi driver (I also had an issue with an X230 driver I needed as well, but that's for the X230 thread). This is not a direct transcript but sums up the things said.

Me: I would like to get hold of the latest wifi driver for the Yoga 13.

Lenovo: The latest driver is on our website to download.

Me: Unfortunately the one on the website is dated Sept 2012. There is a more recent one that comes on shipping Yogas with a December date on it.

Lenovo: We can send you a link to download it from our website.

Me: That is not the latest one.

Lenovo: What is the driver number you are after.

Me: 1021.5.1217.2012 Which means it was published on Dec 17th 2012.

Lenovo: We don't have that driver

Me: It is the one that comes on shipping Yoga's now. Don't your technicians have this driver?

Lenovo: Our technicians always have the latest driver from the website.

Me: Really?!? Your technicians get their drivers from the Lenovo website?

Lenovo: Silence

Lenovo: (Changes the subject)

Lenovo: I am sorry, I have no comment.

Me: So how can I get the latest driver to install. Do you realise your customers have been waiting nearly 7 months for a working wifi driver.

Lenovo: Thank you for your comments.

Me: So that is it?

Lenovo: I will pass on your comments to the relevent department.

Me: Maybe you could post something on the forum thread to explain to customers.

Lenovo: What is on the forums does not represent Lenovo's opinions and should not be assumed to be true.

Me: Lenovo don't really care about customers at all do they?

Lenovo: Thank you for your comments (he then wrapped up and said goodbye).

Wow. Just, Wow. :smileysurprised:

Options

20 Posts

04-06-2013

USA

35 Signins

174 Page Views

• Views: 174
  • Message 234 of 977

2013-04-08, 20:36 PM

I can already tell you guys this isn't a driver issue. The ccard is weak. And add to that the Yoga has antennae in the wrist area not up high. Lenovo need to offer a better card for us to buy!!!

Options

20 Posts

04-06-2013

USA

35 Signins

174 Page Views

• Message 235 of 977

2013-04-08, 20:37 PM

Toshiba S875-S7242 Satellite uses the same chip with similar problems.

Options

97 Posts

08-03-2012

Hong Kong

133 Signins

1139 Page Views

• Message 236 of 977

2013-04-09, 3:06 AM

I agree 100% that the main problem is the flawed antenna design and the low quality card they used.

I really do want to see how the new driver performs though because the speed numbers posted here did seem more consistent than I've seen before.

Moderator edit: Material which breaches forum rules deleted - don't push your luck!

Options

36 Posts

12-22-2012

Boston, USA

191 Signins

669 Page Views

• Views: 669
  • Message 237 of 977

2013-04-09, 9:23 AM
I don't think a driver will fix everything, but there are issues with streaming that seem to be amplified by the impact of a poor connection. I'd be "OK" with a laptop that trades wifi reception for form factor if wifi were implemented properly. Wifi is supposed to be resilient on poor signals. Choking is not part of the design.
Options

97 Posts

08-03-2012

Hong Kong

133 Signins

1139 Page Views

• Message 238 of 977

2013-04-09, 9:52 AM
True but I'm not sure the form factor of the yoga required a compromise. Many computers keep their antennas in the base, just not under the keyboard and a sheet of metal. I had a vaio duo 11 at the same time and side by side the WiFi on that was usually 3 times better. The vaio duo 11 is also a metal built tablet hybrid but it has a proper Intel dual band WiFi card and proper antennas in a well thought design.
Options

137 Posts

12-08-2012

hawaii

852 Signins

3449 Page Views

• Views: 3449
  • Message 239 of 977

2013-04-09, 19:26 PM

I'm not saying the wifi situation is great, but measuring Yoga wifi reception should only focus on the tablet configuration. It doesnt matter if the reception is shielded or poorly optimized for the LAPTOP mode as long as it limps along there and is better in the tablet mode.

Any of you who say you want an alternative laptop in exchange rather than convertible don't get it. This is a revolution... convertibles are the ONLY choice, and they are to be used 90% in tablet mode except for brief unavoidable switches to laptop, usually because win8 is too retarded to do something touch style. 

Instead of an improved wifi card, I would like the win8 situation fixed... that software is a disgrace compared to apple laptop software, which unfortunately  may not get upgraded to touch for marketing reasons of pushing IOS garbage. Lenovo, you can keep your antenna shielded by the wrist in laptop mode, but make the thing switchable to android in tablet mode like the asus book 14 is expected to.

Options

20 Posts

04-06-2013

USA

35 Signins

174 Page Views

• Message 240 of 977

2013-04-09, 20:49 PM

This is a very expensive device. Saying that it should be used asa a tablet to gain full functionality, makes no sense. It is both a tablet and a laptop, and it should function properly as advertised.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms