Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktabel01
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,636
Message 711 of 938

Re: yoga 13 wifi issues

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18645-windows-8-intermittent-wifi-issues-super-frustrated...

So anyone else seen this thread?   I oddly enough also have a samsung TV and wireless BluRay, and I'll be **bleep** when I walked away from the TV the yoga is blazing on wifi.  On my lap.  Off.  Whatever.   I bring it back in that room and BAM, slows to a crawl.  Who knows but something is interfering

ken481
Punch Card
Views: 2,558
Message 712 of 938

Re: yoga 13 wifi issues - solved my problem

Hi Guys

I think I have solved my issue.

I did 2 things - I updated to the latest driver provided by Lenovo the one release in june

Yet still had problems connecting then I just changed my DHCP settings.

1st of all my network is setup with fixed ip and also the gateway ip is different from the default.

When I first set up the Lenovo yoga I selected obtain ip address automatically, then in the alternate configuration I set my fixed ip including the DNS. This is how my other 2 laptops are set up and never had an issue with them.

Then as I was trying to connect to the network it was still in "identifying" I check the details and it was showing that the laptop was trying to connect using DHCP, and I was failing to use the fixed settings I gave it.

So what I did is I inserted the fixed ip values under the "general tab" rather than the alternate configuration and to my surprise it connected in less than 2 seconds and good connections.

So in my case it seems that the issue is with the card failing to realise that my router is not using DHCP yet fixed ip, and thus the card gets blocked trying to gain an automatic ip - surely so - it even crashes my router.

My router is old and I am waiting for a new one - maybe the new one will work fine.

Hope this helps anyone out there with this issue - also I hope Lenovo staff sees this maybe they can fix the drivers to correct this problems

Ken

ken481
Punch Card
Views: 2,517
Message 713 of 938

Re: yoga 13 wifi issues - solved my problem

Hi

I think I spoke to fast

Laptop does connect more easily - yet internet connection is very poor.

I can hardly download a large file without download stopping.

I hope new router solves this issue.

Yet there is definitely a problem with performance of the wifi of this laptop - such a pitty, I really wonder whether or not they carry out any tests before releasing these.

hope this gets fixed any soon - does anyone know if Lenovo is following this thread?

ken

ktabel01
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,503
Message 714 of 938

Well after 24 hours the lenovo stays connected better with the new driver updates, but the speed is terrible.  Running a speedtest side by side with my HP laptop and desktop, the pings and speeds are the same.  For whatever reason though the actual file download and page renderings are abysmal on the lenovo.  I'm somewhat happier and this appears to be a setting/software issue more and more, I just hope Lenovo is paying attention.  THe lack of response in this thread is concerning.

neurotoast
Paper Tape
Views: 2,403
Message 715 of 938

Has anyone else noticed the runSW.exe process from the latest wifi drivers eating a ton of system memory? After an uptime of almost 7 days my memory usage was at 94-97% (it's a 4 GB system) and I started getting warnings from windows about memory usage. Killed every major app and whatever I could in the system tray. Physical usage still 94%. Killed runsw.exe and boom it fell to 30%. Is anyone else seeing something similar?

ken481
Punch Card
Views: 2,365
Message 716 of 938

Could it be that the new driver is collecting data regarding the wifi connection and then sending it to lenovo - maybe to help them fix this issue.

This is a real nightmare - makes the laptop completely unusable.

How come no info from lenovo on this??

ken481
Punch Card
Views: 2,350
Message 717 of 938

Just called lenovo support UK

Their solution - return laptop to retailer!!!

Are they aware that this is not a quesiton of one bad laptop but a general issue??

If i am not mistaken a number of people have exchanged the laptop for a new one and got the same problem right?

diecast17
Punch Card
Views: 2,251
Message 718 of 938

@ken481 wrote:

Just called lenovo support UK

Their solution - return laptop to retailer!!!

Are they aware that this is not a quesiton of one bad laptop but a general issue??

If i am not mistaken a number of people have exchanged the laptop for a new one and got the same problem right?

Yes the only thing that helped me was a new router.

herf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,224
Message 719 of 938

Mine is back to the depot too.
Try telling your favorite hotel chain or coffee shop they need a new router!
YogaMan
Punch Card
Views: 2,127
Message 720 of 938

I got a new router, Asus RTN66U, and it didn't help. I also send the unit in. THey sent it back with a note that they replaced the wifi card. Still having issues. Ugh.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors