10-03-2015

US

7 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 3

yoga 2 pro fan no longer works

2015-10-03, 5:22 AM

I have a really weird but unpleasant problem with my Yoga 2 Pro.

Recently the fan of my yoga 2 pro no longer starts (I do not hear the noise of running fan anymore). As a result the back of my yoga 2 pro gets very unplesantly hot and soon thereafter the windows 10 crashes with critical_process_died. I am not sure if this has anything to do with Windows 10 upgrade, since overheating became serious only afterwards, but this could be a coincidence.

I downloaded the Lenovo diagnostic tools and the Yoga 2 Pro passes the memory, hdd and CPU test. There is a fan test wich states 'No fan detected'. Could someone with a Yoga 2 Pro let me know if they have a fan detected and can run a fan diagnostic test?

I opened the Yoga 2 Pro and inspected the fans, the connections, everything seems fine. The fans are clean and they can spin freely. I am not sure what troubleshooting I can do next. I reduced the CPU speed in the power setting to 50 % and I can use the yoga 2 Pro without crashing for now.

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Solved! See the solution
Options

2 Posts

09-10-2016

GB

5 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: yoga 2 pro fan no longer works

2016-09-10, 10:35 AM
Hey, did you get this fixed? I'm having the same problem but nothing I read seems to help. I have taken the laptop into a computer shop who mucked about and couldn't help, said the fans themselves are OK.

Interestingly the fans started for a few minutes a week ago before going back to sleep so I'm almost certain it is a software issue.

Any help would be sweet!
Options

3 Posts

10-03-2015

US

7 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: yoga 2 pro fan no longer works

2018-12-03, 5:28 AM

I purchased a replacement fan from Ebay. SInce I had them installed everything started as it should. The fans were at fault indeed.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save